Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
It makes for a great circus, but it gets so tiresome, the back and forth. I agree that there is no way the senate votes to remove him. It will be interesting to revisit this after 2020. I was thinking that he was likely to be re-elected, now I am pretty sure he will be. Nobody plays the victim card/underdog better.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
It makes for a great circus, but it gets so tiresome, the back and forth. I agree that there is no way the senate votes to remove him. It will be interesting to revisit this after 2020. I was thinking that he was likely to be re-elected, now I am pretty sure he will be. Nobody plays the victim card/underdog better.
I dunno...The Bernie Bros and NeverHillaries who stayed away last time are likely to turn up in 2020. And the people most likely to fall for his BS are the same ones who fell for it last time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If it exists, the “trap” is the elaborate setup. It implies that Trump and cronies are giving the Dems something to be suspicious about while Trump knows he has done nothing wrong. The end result is the Dems wind up with egg on their face and Trump proves to the American people it has indeed been a witch hunt all along.
I think you're confusing Trump with the Clintons (sort of).

There were some similarities in how they handled scandals.

First deny, then modify, then make it difficult to get documents, and then once the documents were opened there wasn't really all that big a surprise in them.

But your proposal assumes a level of intellect that Trump does not and has never had.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The choice was between going ahead with impeachment or giving up on any law restraining Trump. He's been awful so far with the threat of impeachment hanging over him. If he realizes that he won't be impeached, or disciplined in any fashion, God only knows what he would pull next. This country never signed up for a President who is above the law.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think you're confusing Trump with the Clintons (sort of).

There were some similarities in how they handled scandals.

First deny, then modify, then make it difficult to get documents, and then once the documents were opened there wasn't really all that big a surprise in them.

But your proposal assumes a level of intellect that Trump does not and has never had.
It’s not my proposal. There seems to be a LOT of disparity on how conniving Trump can be.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
There seems to be a LOT of disparity on how conniving Trump can be.
I have a hard time believing that someone who behaves like a spoiled toddler is conniving.

Toddlers are sociopaths. They have no conscience. They will do/say whatever they can to get what they want. When denied, they cry. When they think they can talk their way into it they will lie and throw anyone under the bus to get it.

Trump does exactly this. He never had anyone tell him no, nor teach him to have a conscience.

I don't think that you can say that someone who behaves this way, and has been allowed to get away with this behavior because no one is willing to believe that a grown man, much less the president, is willing to be seen behaving this way is conniving. That would imply that he could behave some other way, yet chooses this way. I think to try and imply some larger sensibility to the president, or some larger scheming is due to normal human beings not wanting to believe that a buffoon like trump could actually get elected to be the president.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It's almost like all the Trumpers here got the message on how to explain things. They must all tune in to that "fair & balanced" farce of a network.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's almost like all the Trumpers here got the message on how to explain things. They must all tune in to that "fair & balanced" farce of a network.
nah, this is just stuff they hear about from regular everyday folks. any similarity is pure coincidence. the pervasive nature of the message just proves it's truth. check and mate libtard.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He explicitly asked a foreign power to look into the actions of an American who happens to be a political rival.

Again...does the President have to ignore potential foreign interference if the person bragging about it happens to be running for President? There's no quid pro quo. Are we tying a President's hands?
I started not to respond to this, but think about it...

If we have an American President who actually thinks there is another American who has broken laws we have AMERICANS to deal with this issue. We do not go to foreign leaders who are desperate for our money and suggest we need help with our internal politics, would they mind meddling in our election? And all this said with a straight face while we withhold a quarter million in desperately needed military aid. And you excuse it?

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
On the face of it I couldn't see how Repubs would ever be able to spin this. It's right there in black and white. Trump used money assigned by congress for Ukraine military aid to pressure a foreign leader to dig up dirt on a political opponent in the upcoming election. "You can't spin that" I thought.

Oh well.......

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
On the face of it I couldn't see how Repubs would ever be able to spin this. It's right there in black and white. Trump used money assigned by congress for Ukraine military aid to pressure a foreign leader to dig up dirt on a political opponent in the upcoming election. "You can't spin that" I thought.

Oh well.......
it's easy as can be to spin anything when your entire worldview is based on lies. The right wingers are ready to believe anything at this point

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Heck....we have a TON of time left before the election. I knew something would happen like this and still feel we don't have any idea at this time how the election will turn out.

Nothing wrong at all though about conversation and speculation.

It's the best part about politics...all the teeth gnashing and arguing back and forth......:p

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Oh well.......
After watching Bush & Cheney lie and drag us into the Iraq quagmire I realized this crowd will spin anything.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This makes me think of the meme with two spider men pointing at each other:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/doub...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro
From your linked story:

“It got almost no attention, but in May, CNN reported that Sens. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Richard J. Durbin (D-IL) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe,” The Washington Post outlined. “In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as ‘strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,’ the Democratic senators declared, ‘We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,’ before demanding Lutsenko ‘reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.’”
Doesn't really surprise me. Anyone who knows anything about politics knows there so much hypocrisy happening on both sides every day and the narrative will pretty much always be based on who you are supporting and who you are not supporting.

It always cracks me up when a politician says something like "This is not about politics."

LOL......right......

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
He explicitly asked a foreign power to look into the actions of an American who happens to be a political rival.

Again...does the President have to ignore potential foreign interference if the person bragging about it happens to be running for President? There's no quid pro quo. Are we tying a President's hands?
Sure, I'll play.

1. First, let's get one thing out of the way: There's nothing to the contention that Biden attempted to interfere in foreign policy to protect his son. Even Jonah Goldberg says so:

But the charge that Joe Biden was freelancing foreign policy to protect his son simply doesn’t hold water if you spend five minutes reading up on it.

Biden was acting on orders from President Obama in coordination with allies and State Department policy to force the former Russia-backed Ukrainian regime to fire a dirty prosecutor who was failing to properly investigate corruption, including at the firm Hunter Biden worked with.
2. Given Trump's utter indifference to foreign interference in the 2016 election, how can anyone possibly believe that Trump is now suddenly concerned about the purity of the electoral process?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Doesn't really surprise me. Anyone who knows anything about politics knows there so much hypocrisy happening on both sides every day and the narrative will pretty much always be based on who you are supporting and who you are not supporting.
And whataboutism and false equivalency arrives at the party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.