Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
that's been the movement conservative m.o. going back to rush limbaugh. it's a non-stop gish gallop. the whaddabout game is part of that too.
I watched a couple of Rush’s TV show episodes in '92. Didn’t take long to figure he was making stuff up to support his arguments.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The GOP has made it clear that it intends to sit through this because it has to, but it does not care what evidence is presented, it will not put Trump out of office. Forget the oath that they took - they lied.

Integrity is missing entirely in America.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The GOP has made it clear that it intends to sit through this because it has to, but it does not care what evidence is presented, it will not put Trump out of office. Forget the oath that they took - they lied.

Integrity is missing entirely in America.
it's completely missing in one of the two political parties.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
What makes this difficult is that they can lie faster than you can fact check.
It's more difficult to find anything actually true in one of their statements than to try to highlight all the lies.
I agree with the frustration of watching these guys just go on lying and lying...but I almost feel like it's a civic duty to witness what's going on, painful as it is.

One aside in the coverage that seemed to sum it all up...one commentator remarked things had been reasonably civil for the biggest part of the day, but that Trump had started paying attention or something like that at midnight and started tweeting...and right on cue his lawyers turned into snarling dogs.
Surely the general pubic isn't as stupid as what the GOP is counting on.

Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's more difficult to find anything actually true in one of their statements than to try to highlight all the lies.
I agree with the frustration of watching these guys just go on lying and lying...but I almost feel like it's a civic duty to witness what's going on, painful as it is.

One aside in the coverage that seemed to sum it all up...one commentator remarked things had been reasonably civil for the biggest part of the day, but that Trump had started paying attention or something like that at midnight and started tweeting...and right on cue his lawyers turned into snarling dogs.
Surely the general pubic isn't as stupid as what the GOP is counting on.
always remember, it is uncivil to point out that a liar is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.