Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I was talking more about the testimony of Morrison and Volker - when asked.....saying there wasn't any evidence of bribery, etc.

Do you think they were being dishonest in their answers?
Yes.

We could flip the question around. There are X number of people who found there to be significant issues with regards to the call. There are (X - 2) more witnesses than Volker and Morrison. Do you think all of those people were being dishonest in their answers?

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Not able to watch, just catching tidbits across my new fees, but did he say this? and if so, isn't his testimony kind of pointless?

Amb. Sondland testifies President Trump never told him directly aid was conditioned on meetings.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1197201988867506177

The Dem counsel then proceeds to individually ID every OTHER body that has been thrown under the bus today by Sondland (inc. Pompeo, Perry, Bolton, and multiple underlings), and notes that they have all refused Congressional subpoenas. This puts Secretary of State Pompeo in the curious position of refusing to provide key documents in an investigation where he is now implicated. Coincidentally, it leaked this morning that he will soon be resigning.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The Dem counsel then proceeds to individually ID every OTHER body that has been thrown under the bus today by Sondland (inc. Pompeo, Perry, Bolton, and multiple underlings), and notes that they have all refused Congressional subpoenas. This puts Secretary of State Pompeo in the curious position of refusing to provide key documents in an investigation where he is now implicated. Coincidentally, it leaked this morning that he will soon be resigning.

appears to be very pointless testimony

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I think Pompeo waited too late to jump ship and get away cleanly.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It really is a straightforward question. No need for snarky little comments. But then again, it doesn't fit the narrative that you follow, right?
what narrative is that? i am basing everything i say on testimony that is in the actual record from multiple witnesses, convictions that have already happened, etc.

you are trying to pretend that a little cherry picked quote from a single witness who just implicated pretty much the entire administration is somehow exonerating the president and that's that. just asking questions i guess. like i said above, that is the exact spin that mccarthy and other goppers were pushing out about half an hour before you posted it here. i realize that now the gop position is "well this may have happened, but it wasn't the president that did it". i wonder what the position will be later today or tomorrow?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
GOP counsel: "Did Pompeo know about the quid pro quo?"
Sondland: "Yes."
GOP counsel: *internal screaming*

I ain't even a lawyer, but you probably wanna stop asking questions you don't already know the answer to.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
what narrative is that? i am basing everything i say on testimony that is in the actual record from multiple witnesses, convictions that have already happened, etc.

you are trying to pretend that a little cherry picked quote from a single witness who just implicated pretty much the entire administration is somehow exonerating the president and that's that. just asking questions i guess. like i said above, that is the exact spin that mccarthy and other goppers were pushing out about half an hour before you posted it here. i realize that now the gop position is "well this may have happened, but it wasn't the president that did it". i wonder what the position will be later today or tomorrow?
Ok, big fella. Would have been a lot easier to just say nope, he doesn't have any firsthand knowledge.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not able to watch, just catching tidbits across my new fees, but did he say this? and if so, isn't his testimony kind of pointless?

Amb. Sondland testifies President Trump never told him directly aid was conditioned on meetings.
IMHO.....

Everyone knows there's no way the president gets removed.

Even if we set aside whatever comes out of these hearings......the fact remains the Democrats do not have the votes in the Senate to remove.

So what we are left with is your question. What is the "point" of these hearings?

Probably: Smear and do as much damage to the president - so that his re-elections chances are negatively impacted.

Disclaimer: I am not a political scientist nor a political strategist - so the above is just my humble opinion.

Of course the hearings do provide an entertainment aspect, as witnessed here on our forum. Something to be recognized and admired, certainly. :D

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
IMHO.....

Everyone knows there's no way the president gets impeached.

Even if we set aside whatever comes out of these hearings......the fact remains the Democrats do not have the votes in the Senate to impeach.

So what we are left with is your question. What is the "point" of these hearings?

Probably: Smear and do as much damage to the president - so that his re-elections chances are negatively impacted.

Disclaimer: I am not a political scientist nor a political strategist - so the above is just my humble opinion.

Of course the hearings do provide an entertainment aspect, as witnessed here on our forum. Something to be recognized and admired, certainly. :D
first only the House impeaches, there is no possible way he isn't impeached. Period

the Senate removing is the question.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
IMHO.....

Probably: Smear and do as much damage to the president - so that his re-elections chances are negatively impacte
:D
The Dems aren't trying to smear dear leader, they are trying to get through to his loyalists what kind of behavior they are defending. Trying to educate them with facts, it's not a smear job.

Dear leader is the smear artist, he's been smearing in real time every time a new witness gets on the stand.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The Dems aren't trying to smear dear leader, they are trying to get through to his loyalists what kind of behavior they are defending. Trying to educate them with facts, it's not a smear job.

Dear leader is the smear artist, he's been smearing in real time every time a new witness gets on the stand.
The Jumping Frenchmen of Maine
Were often considered insane:
Whatever you'd say
They would leap to obey,
Those excitable Frenchmen of Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.