Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Why am I not surprised that an avowed non Trump supporter who totally only likes 95% of the things he does, when given the myriad posts on this thread, pulls the one post from the only person that implies this is all politically motivated as the "fairly accurate look at the big picture?"
concern-troll.jpg

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think the house speaker was thinking the same thing - and was a bit wary of moving ahead with the impeachment inquiry, but ultimately had to do the bidding of her base.
It was either abandon the rule of law and give Trump a green light to do anything he wants to, as he said he thinks Article 2 of the Constitution gives him the right to do, or impeach him.

No man is above the law, not even Trump... that American value requires these hearings.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
GOP counsel: "Did Pompeo know about the quid pro quo?"
Sondland: "Yes."
GOP counsel: *internal screaming*

I ain't even a lawyer, but you probably wanna stop asking questions you don't already know the answer to.

But I’ll bet you’ve stayed in a Holiday Inn Express!!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
It was either abandon the rule of law and give Trump a green light to do anything he wants to, as he said he thinks Article 2 of the Constitution gives him the right to do, or impeach him.

No man is above the law, not even Trump... that American value requires these hearings.
In our binary polity, it's not like there is someone else besides the Democrats to call bs.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It was a predetermined outcome anyway, IMHO.

Yes.

Anyone who knew even a tiny bit about Trump's role in the demise of the USFL knew that he was and is a selfish blowhard who will say anything or do anything to get exactly what he wants regardless of what he's said is his word and his agreement. In that debacle alone he:

- lied about Don Shula wanting to coach the Dolphins but that Shula wanted a condo in Trump Tower which was gonna break the deal
- create a phony spokesperson to plant stories to force the league to do what he wanted
- had NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle over and basically wanted (wait for it) a quid pro quo - Pete, either you get me an NFL team or I'm going to sue your league in court for antitrust violations....but if you get me a team in NYC, I'll get some stiff to buy the Generals
- filed a lawsuit and hired two of the most clueless lawyers who ever lived, Roy Cohn and then Harvey Meyerson (kinda like now with Rudi)
- hired a college player nobody even wanted (Doug Flutie), overpaid him, and then sent the other owners a letter demanding they pay for Flutie
- told Vince Lombardi Jr that Jr had no idea what he was talking about - about football
- signed Lawrence Taylor, promised it wouldn't get out, and then called the Times and told them he'd signed Taylor

That's from something that didn't even matter. The guy lies pretty much every time he opens his mouth, he bullies and extorts people, he will do anything to get what he wants come hell or high water, and rants like a three-year old being deprived of a rattle when someone resists.

I'm not surprised at all by anything except I'd think at some point some Repubs would have a spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.