Game Thread: Friday Night Footall Games - Every Friday Game Here

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Fuentes was supposed to be the new golden boy in college football and VT was widely considered as getting the top hire that year. What works in G5 does not always work in P5 it seems.
The whole "I hope we don't go to a bowl game" attitude was fairly damning. Now this. Maybe VT is simply reverting to its normal character, which, before Beamer was 4-7 to 8-4 type to team. A good year ended in a bowl game. A bad year ended with a losing record. Maybe that is just who VT is, and Beamer unnaturally lifted them up for a few years.
Or maybe Fuentes is in trouble due to elevated expectations.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Funny how the media and everyone else acted like the Duke game was a cream puff. Well, right now they look like the second or third best team in the ACC. Could very well end up as a top 25 win at seasons end..

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I watched most of the Mater Dei game also. What hasn’t been posted yet was the announcers claimed the D-Line of St. John’s were all Division 1 commits, so Bryce faced some tough D-Line play for a HS game. I thought he looked really good except for some over thrown long balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Young's Mater Dei game highlights here:

I'm so glad I just watched this video. I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night.

Bruh.... Young was DEADLY ACCURATE on all of his short to mid range throws. He was hitting guys PERFECTLY in stride right in the hands/numbers.

His release is also VERY fast and he made lots of fast decisions. It's was '1-Mississippi, Maybe 2-Mississippi' *Boom* Pass is off and hitting the WR.

He's LEGIT... no doubt about it.

As many others have said... Spring 2020 is going to be VERY interesting.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Funny how the media and everyone else acted like the Duke game was a cream puff. Well, right now they look like the second or third best team in the ACC. Could very well end up as a top 25 win at seasons end..
That still hasn’t stopped Finebaum from referring to Duke as a High School team this morning on SEC Nation.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Duke ain't a great team but it ain't a stretch to say they could end up being the 2nd best team in the conference. Probably won't end up that high up the ACC pecking order but they're probably a 7-5 team at worst.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I watched most of the Mater Dei game also. What hasn’t been posted yet was the announcers claimed the D-Line of St. John’s were all Division 1 commits, so Bryce faced some tough D-Line play for a HS game. I thought he looked really good except for some over thrown long balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of St. John's DBs, Mordecai McDaniel, the 6-1 or 6-2 kid, is a 10RC commit, looked sharp at times. BY made life hard for that D for most of the night though. Looking forward to his EE in Dec. and getting him on campus.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.