Game Thread: Friday Night Footall Games - Every Friday Game Here

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Good to hear about Young. What was being commented sounded like dual threat who was unpolished as a passer but clearly I was just seeing an incomplete picture

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good to here about Young. What was being commented sounded like dual threat who was unpolished as a passer but clearly I was just seeing an incomplete picture
His arm talent is amazing for a HS QB. He needs work on some of the mental aspects of the game. As good as he looks, I would be stunned to see him start at Alabama as a true freshman, but he will get his shot if he signs.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
His arm talent is amazing for a HS QB. He needs work on some of the mental aspects of the game. As good as he looks, I would be stunned to see him start at Alabama as a true freshman, but he will get his shot if he signs.
If he starts we have a big problem. I would think guys that have been in the system would start over him. He will redshirt and watch and learn. I will say one or two of our current guys are going to transfer.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have to get up in 6 hours, so headed off for the night.

Roll Tide!!!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
You're probably right but I think he has a legit shot. He seems more advanced mentally to me than to you. May be wishful thinking on my part - IMO, Bama's in trouble if MJ is wins the job.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Young 61 yd bomb, then 23 yard TD pass. He's tearing it up.

20-28 366 yds, 5 TDs midway through the 3rd.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
As the game winds down, Young is 27-38 for ~434 and 5 TDs, no ints.

The commentators said that's it's the most impressive performance they've seen in their 10+ years. The only comparable performer was Deshaun Watson in Georgia 8 or 9 years ago. ESPN has him rated the lowest of the recruiting services at 88, 247 (not composite) has him #4 overall, #1 DT QB. They think he has a great chance to start. Keep in mind they are ESPN's HS football broadcasters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.