Game Thread: Texas Tech Vs. Jalen Hurts

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There’s the Jalen I remember
I'm at the point where I'm not going to get choked up by Jalen throwing an INT. I even told my wife before the game I wanted him to mess up some and I was fine with Oklahoma losing.

Having said that, c'mon. The guy has thrown 4 interceptions in the past 3 seasons. Not sure what you're remembering.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'm at the point where I'm not going to get choked up by Jalen throwing an INT. I even told my wife before the game I wanted him to mess up some and I was fine with Oklahoma losing.

Having said that, c'mon. The guy has thrown 4 interceptions in the past 3 seasons. Not sure what you're remembering.
Yeah. Interceptions was not his problem. Running when a reciever is wide open down the field was my biggest problem with him.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA

Not the interception but the fact that he wasn’t pressured and threw the ball well behind his open receiver. Sorry I am taking pleasure in him having some adversity. Roll Tide

Sorry, I am not an Oklahoma fan and he is currently the QB for the Sooners, not the Tide.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The announcer just claimed Tech was still fighting. They've said a lot of stupid things but that might be the winner.

Down big in scoring territory, they run on third and long and then kick a field goal. Yeah... that's not a team that's thrown in the towel.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The announcer just claimed Tech was still fighting. They've said a lot of stupid things but that might be the winner.

Down big in scoring territory, they run on third and long and then kick a field goal. Yeah... that's not a team that's thrown in the towel.
The head coach clearly has.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

just 9 more of those and they are back in it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Find myself watching OU, go Jalen!

I swear, the average color commentator is football stupid. So easily distracted by shiny things.
Not to hijack the thread, but this is pretty much the "new media" and it mirrors modern day culture. We major in the minors more than ever before while altogether missing the things that really matter. Rant off.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA

The only poll I've seen had Jalen at the #6 spot in the Heisman race. Tua was #2, and I think the kid at LSU was #1, I could be wrong. I don't put much stock in polls.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The only poll I've seen had Jalen at the #6 spot in the Heisman race. Tua was #2, and I think the kid at LSU was #1, I could be wrong. I don't put much stock in polls.
I can't believe anyone would have hurts #6. Burrows is the new, out of no-where super star which the media loves.

Let's see how these QBs hold up against some better competition later in the year. Tua and Burrows go head to head.

If Bama and OU met in the CFP, it might be the most hyped game in the history of college football.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yeah. Interceptions was not his problem. Running when a reciever is wide open down the field was my biggest problem with him.
Had NFL receivers on the roster, yet decided to pull it down and take off. I’m willing to bet that Jalen would put up spectacular numbers in Alabama’s offense this year if he was the starter. He has developed a lot through the years. If he gets drafted in the NFL, he should thank Tua for pushing him to get better, otherwise , he may still be the same one progression, run QB we saw against UGA in 2017CFBNCG. I love Jalen, I hope Tua wins the heisman, but OU fans and FOX announcers are making it harder and harder to love him as much!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Read USA Today...………...they feel his game today solidified his spot as the Heisman favorite. Granted, it's a newspaper, but the media is really pushing it

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

If he keeps putting up these types of numbers, he will definitely be in New York as a finalist. I am like some of you guys, though, because I tried to watch the game today, but two things kept making me turn away. First, I am just not a fan of what some are calling football these days. Second, the announcers were terrible and just kept talking and talking and talking without saying anything of significance.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
There are some great QB's performing at a very high level this year. So far Joe Burrows is the only one who has faced decent competition ( Texas on the road ). I think Hurts might be in NY but odds are not in his favor to win the HT. As it relates to the announcing, we get a lot of Fox as well as ESPN and it's clear to me that both hype whomever is their lead dog/conference. Johnson & Klatt are in love with OU. Right now the least impressive top team to me is Clemson. The most impressive...TOSU. I will say that OU's D is very much improved but we have not played anybody. Itll be Texas in 2 weeks before we will know. The SEC is going to chew itself up. Whomever survives should be #1 in the bracket. Right now I'd put the SEC survivor #1, TOSU #2, OU #3, and Clemson #4 but a 2nd SEC team at #4 would not surprise me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.