Game Thread: Texas Tech Vs. Jalen Hurts

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Find myself watching OU, go Jalen!

So I am looking for games to watch last week and click on the OU game to watch Jalen. This week, OU is on early and I am watching again. I can't help but route for Jalen and I am happy when he has success. Jalen always conducted himself professionally and is a true leader on and off the field. Good luck to him as he moves forward. The only time I wouldnt be able to route for him is if we happen to meet in the playoffs.

Thank you Jalen for always representing Alabama in a positive manner and showing everyone how to conduct yourself even in challenging times.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Find myself watching OU, go Jalen!

The theme for the announcers so far has been that Jalen is great because he is finally being unleashed after years of being limited at Alabama. SMH

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The theme for the announcers so far has been that Jalen is great because he is finally being unleashed after years of being limited at Alabama. SMH
The announcers need to shut their pie holes. They are making his games unlistenable.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

The media has made him the Cinderella/“feel good” story of the season. Nothing else matters in their eyes. There is no heisman contest this year—instead it’s a coronation.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The media has made him the Cinderella/“feel good” story of the season. Nothing else matters in their eyes. There is no heisman contest this year—instead it’s a coronation.
Wait and see when/if he has a bad game, they will blame it on his time at Alabama. "If he had only been at Oklahoma this whole time, he would be flawless.?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I have no problem with the positive press attention that Jalen is receiving. He earned it at Alabama, and is now getting a chance to put up Big 12 numbers. Just leave out the connotation that Alabama in any way limited him. If Riley could take Tua over Jalen, he would in a second - as would every other coach in America.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Jalen is 4 for 4 for 148 yards passing with 5 mins left in the 1st qtr...

But.... 74 of those yards was 1 pass where Jalen threw a Deep Ball that was 5 yards off leading his WR into coverage and the WR made a great play on the ball to catch it....

And THEN..... the Texas Tech secondary flopped and flipped and fell all over themselves giving up about 30-40 extra YAC.

These Defenses are PATHETIC.

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009

Hence the BIG 12 conferences last football national title almost 15 years ago. Defense still wins championships.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

This is going to be my first Oklahoma game of the season due to scheduling conflicts. By the time I got to start though oklahoma was already up 17.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Watch Jalen today vs. 4 years ago at Bama and it's night and day. He has finally learned to do what a very good QB does, in terms of the passing game.

Couple that with the fact he's playing in a no defense league and the fact OU has absolutely played NOBODY yet and he's an expert playing in a kids video game.

Not saying he'll tank when they finally play a good defense, but it won't be as easy as his first 4 games so far.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

I don’t get this “unleashed” talk when it comes to Jalen, the only time I felt where he may have been handicapped was under Daboll.

Why is the media acting like this Jalen was in Tuscaloosa the whole time? Maybe it’s possible that Jalen grew as a QB?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don’t get this “unleashed” talk when it comes to Jalen, the only time I felt where he may have been handicapped was under Daboll.

Why is the media acting like this Jalen was in Tuscaloosa the whole time? Maybe it’s possible that Jalen grew as a QB?
Jalen's trajectory reminds me of what we used to see with college QBs. He's grown steadily each year for the most part. I think he had a "soph. slump" at Bama that year when teams figured out how to defend him. Then he really started to mature his Jr. and Sr. years. Sitting behind/learning from Tua his Jr. year didn't hurt either.

The college QB position is changing before our very eyes. Guys are coming out of HS being "college-ready." The best ones are ready to start sometimes.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

In other news Vandy looks good but they are playing N. Illinois. The best game on right now is TAMU v. Arkansas. 14-10

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.