Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. Ole Miss...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Not sure I'll ever get used to playing B12-style football. Super-happy about the win, but the defense was atrocious for much of the game, and OM isn't very good...

I think Bama can outscore just about anybody, so I'm not worried, but dang, I hate this style of football.
I agree. It is really difficult to determine how good a team really is in these types of games.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Not sure I'll ever get used to playing B12-style football. Super-happy about the win, but the defense was atrocious for much of the game, and OM isn't very good...

I think Bama can outscore just about anybody, so I'm not worried, but dang, I hate this style of football.
I hate it, and I am worried. Our LBs looked slow today. That may be a combination of a delay in reading plays and the quickness of a Plumlee , but they looked slow to me.
This defense looks worse than last years defense. I think Nick needs to put in backups earlier in the game, the first team gets up big , and lose intensity. Maybe the second team will be excited about playing early. They need a leader to step up. They held Ole Sis to 134 yards at the half, mostly on Plumlee’s legs. Second half they gave up 300 and 3 TDs. Pete needs to do some of that coaching stuff during the bye and get this Young defense’s attention!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It seems odd that we switch to Big 12 football when the Big 12 hasn't won a national title in such a long time. Oh well, the rules favor offenses these days, so maybe we can outscore everybody.
I think we are finding out one reason Big 12 defenses struggle. I think I heard our longest scoring drive was only 4 minutes today. Defense is on the field alot.

I'm not sure we want to trade back to the GMac offensive days of winning games by only scoring 20 something points a game though.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’m never an Eeyore type, but I’d be lying if I said the defense wasn’t concerning. Hopefully they’ll continue to improve, but they’ve got a long way to go. At times today they were almost as ugly as Najee’s pass blocking! ����
In 2 SEC games we have given up 54 points. Even the biggest sunshine pumper should be a little concerned.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’m sorry, but I don’t see us winning a championship with this D. I keep reading and hearing we have more to work on and will get there, I guess I’m just not seeing the forward progression that you would expect more than a third of the way through the season. Tua and NFL WR Inc will keep us in every game, but history says that defense ultimately wins championships.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Defense does need more work. Golding has his work cut out for him.………...tackling was better in many spots today.
Not all this is o Golding..but for all the parts that are his to fix....I think midseason is too late. Best we can hope for is for Everyone to get healthy and that they can stay that way.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’m sorry, but I don’t see us winning a championship with this D. I keep reading and hearing we have more to work on and will get there, I guess I’m just not seeing the forward progression that you would expect more than a third of the way through the season. Tua and NFL WR Inc will keep us in every game, but history says that defense ultimately wins championships.
Well, at some point somebody is going to break that trend. Might as well be us.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We seem to be a year away on Defense. Good news is that other defenses don't seem that stout.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I hate it, and I am worried. Our LBs looked slow today. That may be a combination of a delay in reading plays and the quickness of a Plumlee , but they looked slow to me.
This defense looks worse than last years defense. I think Nick needs to put in backups earlier in the game, the first team gets up big , and lose intensity. Maybe the second team will be excited about playing early. They need a leader to step up. They held Ole Sis to 134 yards at the half, mostly on Plumlee’s legs. Second half they gave up 300 and 3 TDs. Pete needs to do some of that coaching stuff during the bye and get this Young defense’s attention!
The backups are already playing. They are now the first team, except in the secondary...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
In 2 SEC games we have given up 54 points. Even the biggest sunshine pumper should be a little concerned.
Agreed, and Ole Miss nor South Carolina have scored more points against any Div I teams than they did us.

Now granted, both of them each got a garbage TD against backups, but these are both very mediocre teams that we let march up and down the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.