Clemson reminds me of 2010 Tide
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Iíve watched several Clemson games and they just arenít impressive. I still think they go undefeated in the regular season and acccg. There are just no challengers in that conference, but they look sluggish and like they think they can just turn it on whenever and win. That will probably work until they get to the playoffs and then face OU, OSU, UGA, or Bama. They will get killed if they donít up their game considerably. I think all but UGA would hang a big number on them, and UGA would strangle the life out of them 5-7 yards at a time. This reminds of the 2010 Tide. All the talent in the world but the team never clicked and lost games they shouldnít have with the talent they had. Losing to USCe was a travesty.

Re: Clemson reminds me of 2010 Tide

Made a bet with my dad today that USCe would beat Clemson this year, so this is fitting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

They would've been better off this year if they'd beat us with a scrappy gym rat scoring a TD on a pick play than the skull dragging they gave us. I think this year they've been fed a bit too much rat poison because the world had been waiting for someone to put a Bama-like Beating on Bama since for a decade. They're a darling and they're getting sucked into the trap.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation First Team

Defensive Coordinators have more film and experience versus Clemson this go around. Comparable to a baseball pitcher in his 2nd year. Coaches are able to spot tendencies. I thought the Tarheels played pretty well today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Iím thinking a more apt comparison is with 2014 Florida State. A long winning streak in a terrible conference with a newly hyped young QB as defending champions.......and then a blowout loss the moment they played a decent team.

On the other hand, let's hope this is not a wake up call like the 2009 Alabama - TN game and they get their act together. Here's hoping they continue to eat the "rat poison".
    "May the Tide Be with You"

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    They would've been better off this year if they'd beat us with a scrappy gym rat scoring a TD on a pick play than the skull dragging they gave us. I think this year they've been fed a bit too much rat poison because the world had been waiting for someone to put a Bama-like Beating on Bama since for a decade. They're a darling and they're getting sucked into the trap.
    All I can say is..."good!"

BamaNation All-SEC

I think the 2019 Tide remind me of the 2010 Tide. Great offense, but weak defense.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaTider View Post
    I think the 2019 Tide remind me of the 2010 Tide. Great offense, but weak defense.
    The problem with that is that we had a dinosaur offense that couldnít afford to get behind. I think we are more of a flip of the 2011 Alabama team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Iím thinking a more apt comparison is with 2014 Florida State. A long winning streak in a terrible conference with a newly hyped young QB as defending champions.......and then a blowout loss the moment they played a decent team.
    Thatís what I think as well. I fully expect Clemson to go undefeated with a lot of close calls by lesser teams but they out talent them. I just hope we are #1 or #2 and get to face them in the semis.

BamaNation All-SEC

I saw Dabo smile on the sidelines when the 2-pt went dead. It was not a relieved smile, it was almost a shrug that they expected to win the game, and here it was, strangely enough, on the last play. Saban would have been purple with rage.

And that's the difference. Dabo and his players made a big sickening thing after they won in January, that their way is the fun way, we all go home to our kids, the players are hanging out, we have fun practices, we throw in a few reps because why not? It is all deep-southern-drawl siesta kickin' back let-the-game-come-to-you, just chillax. And Saban is no fun, all work, no play, old fashioned shouty task master slave driver. Not my scene, daddio, too heavy.

I hope they are truly eating their own rat poison. They can recruit all the players that think it is easy to stay on top of the mountain once you get to the top of the mountain. Because Saban knows different.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

I think they are just missing that Senior leadership that they had in both of the championship seasons. They are still LOADED with talent and their defense has been far more consistent than Bamaís. TL though is definitely having a Sophomore slump so far. Weíll see if Pantene and the boys will dial it up soon.

Oh....and theyíre probably already game planning for Bama. And no, Iím not joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Thing is, they can lose one and still probably get in as long as it’s not the acccg. Wouldn’t surprise me if he tanked the game on purpose.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung