Your Top 6 After Week 5

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Pat Dye says Bama is not man enough to be in the top 6.
Pat Dye also said he didn't know anything about money changing hands in the Eric Ramsey scandal and then resigned because it turned out he did.

But I also recall what you're referencing from 17 years ago this week, in fact.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
1) Georgia
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
4) Auburn
5) Oklahoma
6) Alabama
Not a bad ranking. At this point it will have to be played out on the field. We will learn a bit more at College Station!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I almost ranked Auburn #3 and Clemson #4. Might should've because my ranking is a combination of ranking and observation on what I've seen. I know Clemson has the talent on offense but their QB is kinda slumping (OL seems weaker this year too). Clemson's defense is way ahead of where I expected it to be though. Still, Auburn nearly has best resume of anyone and my observation on them is a team that will get better as the season goes on barring an injury in the starting offensive backfield.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
The question is your top 6 after week 5 and not the top 6 at the end of the season.

1- Ohio State
2- The Barn
3- Oklahoma
4- Bama
5- Georgia
6- Clemson

7- Wisky
8- LSU
9- Notre Dame
10- Laval University ;)

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I've noticed quite a few Bama fans have more faith than I in Auburn's ability to be a playoff contender. It's a long season, though, so we'll see.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I've noticed quite a few Bama fans have more faith than I in Auburn's ability to be a playoff contender. It's a long season, though, so we'll see.
This isn't a pick for who we think will eventually end up in the playoff. This is a poll for which teams have looked best up to this point. Things can change from week to week.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
1. Georgia - seem to be the most well rounded, sound team so far.
2. Auburn - bigger wins than anyone else, if they handle Florida this week, well, I'd still have them #2 ;)
3. Ohio State - manhandling everyone, but played no one yet....they pass the eye test.
4. Clemson - not playing great, but they can still run and play strong D. Play absolutely no one until the playoff.
5. Alabama - elite passing game, running game is secondary but coming around....D breaks down mostly in garbage time...but man o man we are playing so many freshmen its scary.
6. Oklahoma - Jalen is doing great, they are going to run through the conference....unless Texas puts up a fight.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
1. Auburn - best wins, best d
2. LSU - record setting off, d will come around
3. Ohio St - most complete team
4. Alabama - Nick Saban
5. Clemson - they always start slow
6. Oklahoma - no team has won nc with hc calling plays, not happening this year

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
1. Bama....(of course)
2. Oklahoma... With Jalen the Sooners will be hard for ANYBODY to stop
3. Georgia... Very solid football team.
4. Clemson... I think they are playing down to their competition... they'll show up Playoff time.
5. Ohio State... They look good against very weak competition.
6. LSU... Close call between Wisconsin and maybe AU

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.