What are some of your favorite lines by announcers/broadcasters during Bama games? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-American bama_fan01's Avatar

Re: What are some of your favorite lines by announcers/broadcasters during Bama games

I think it was Paul Kennedy, in 1987...against Tennessee.

Bama's ball at their own 10. Jeff Dunn drops back to pass, and "Pierre Goode wide open!"

BamaNation Scout Team

Re: What are some of your favorite lines by announcers/broadcasters during Bama games

Some of you are too young to remember him, but the late John Forney was Alabamas play-by-play announcer on the radio for football games when Coach Bryant was here. He was fired by Ray Perkins in 1983 when he became coach, then he was re-hired in 1988. At the beginning of his first broadcast that season, Forney said, as only he could, Now, before I was so rudely interrupted. . .

BamaNation First Team

"He's got a man open oh my god touchdown Alabama has won it"

BamaNation Third Team

Here are a few good memories...

1985 Iron Bowl Keith Jackson call of Jelks 74 yd TD “Here comes Jelks up the middle...Pops it big - It’s a foot race to the corner - He’s on his way, Powell’s got a shot at him - closing down - Touchdown , No Flags”
    Then Frank Broyles ads “lets Jelks ACCELERATE through the hole and turns it into what I guess you’d have to call an After-burner, Keith”

1993 Sugar Bowl Eli Gold after the Teague interception return for TD “and this is a wild scene of Bedlam here at the Superdome.”

1989 Alabama at Penn St. The call of the blocked field goal by Eli Gold and Jerry Duncan.