2019 Tua Heisman Campaign Thread

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
We did that last year and he still lost.
We weren't starting this many freshman on defense last year. LSU and Auburn also weren't as good. We are going to need more out of Tua this year IMO.

He also was leading the race until SECCG where he was hurt and Jalen finished it off which really docked Tua in many eyes. We don't have Jalen this year. I don't count on Mac pulling off any heroics.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
We weren't starting this many freshman on defense last year. LSU and Auburn also weren't as good. We are going to need more out of Tua this year IMO.

He also was leading the race until SECCG where he was hurt and Jalen finished it off which really docked Tua in many eyes. We don't have Jalen this year. I don't count on Mac pulling off any heroics.
The SEC Championship is what cost Tua the Heisman. Had he finished the game or played better, he would've locked it up and he knows that. Tua knows he has to stay healthy and play clean for him to get a chance to go to NY. He also has to show that he has improved a lot from last year and if he does that, it is his.. no matter what happens down the road.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I cannot find it but I did read that there were some voters who admitted they made a mistake when they voted for Kyler instead of Tua. I do think Jalen will be hurt (no pun intended) in his c hances at the Heisman because they'll be plenty of voters who are tired of voting for OU QB's and will vote for Tua.

Tua has chances at his "Heisman Moment" this year, but outside of Texas will Jalen have his moment?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He did? Which games are you referring to?
Jalen hurt his ankle against TN and missed the LSU and MSU games. He didn't see another meaningful snap until the GA game, though he play a very little bit against Citadel and Auburn.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Maybe not the popular opinion, but I don’t care at all about the Hypesman. I feel our team mailed it in Last year after proving that Murray won “Tua’s” trophy. If they had been as focused against Clemson as they were OU, we’d be contending for 3 straight this year.

Giving out that trophy today in the playoff era with 2 games left is updated and useless, IMO.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I would love to see Tua win the Heisman, but I care much more about the SEC and national titles. I would love for him to win it and for us to win the SEC title and for us to win the national title. However, if I can only pick two of those things, I hope we win the titles. I think Tua will get his recognition in the draft next year even if people do not acknowledge his greatness with the Heisman, and let there be no doubt whatsoever that he is nothing short of great. He is truly a surgeon when he carves up defenses. He has some exceptional surgeons collaborating with him, but he is on another level compared to others. We can only hope that people recognize and appreciate his skill level.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Jalen hurt his ankle against TN and missed the LSU and MSU games. He didn't see another meaningful snap until the GA game, though he play a very little bit against Citadel and Auburn.
I don’t think he would have played in the LSU game anyway—but I’ll take your word on it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Maybe not the popular opinion, but I don’t care at all about the Hypesman. I feel our team mailed it in Last year after proving that Murray won “Tua’s” trophy. If they had been as focused against Clemson as they were OU, we’d be contending for 3 straight this year.

Giving out that trophy today in the playoff era with 2 games left is updated and useless, IMO.
According to Saban, coaches were focus on trying to get HC jobs, players worrying about NFL, and they were under prepared for a game against Clemson. Honestly, the loss last year was what we needed... It shocked the program and Saban hit reset button. If we were contending for third straight year, I think we would be fighting complacency and players not focusing.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'd be OK if we were playing for the three-peat...and FTR, we contend EVERY year!!! RTR!!!
According to Saban, coaches were focus on trying to get HC jobs, players worrying about NFL, and they were under prepared for a game against Clemson. Honestly, the loss last year was what we needed... It shocked the program and Saban hit reset button. If we were contending for third straight year, I think we would be fighting complacency and players not focusing.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Remember when everyone was saying: We're going to have to accept the fact that we'll have more turnovers with Tua at QB?

Career Passing Stats
2017 -- 49-77, 63.6%, 636 Yds, 11 TDs, 2 Ints
2018 -- 245-355, 69.0%, 3,966 Yds, 43 TDs, 6 Ints
2019 -- 113-148, 76.4%, 1,718 Yds, 23 TDs, 0 Ints

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.