2019-20 Coaching Carousel

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless they have someone big on the phone or have made a decision within house then I have to wonder why they fired him before the season was over. Unless they REALLY think he has a shot vs FLorida that could save his bacon.

Keldeo

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2018
North Little Rock , AR
If Ark loses to Wku then expect Morris to be gone the next day but expect him to be gone at the end of season even with a win. FSU pulling the trigger might pressure the administration to turn Morris loose though. Buyout is $10mil but we can pay it as long Walmat and Jerry is around.

Top targets will probably be Norvell,Leach, Kiffen with maybe a outside chance of Les, Campbell, . Some people want Art Briles, Gus or bring back Bobby but fans with IQ higher then 10 don't want them anywhere near the Ozarks. Also depending how Brian Kelly, Dantonio, Shaw and Pat Ftizgerald end up they can be a option as well.

Personally I want either Norvell or Leach. Norvell because he has said he wants to be here (Wife is from Fort Smith, went to UCA, has a house in NWA) and Leach because again he said he wouldn't mind being here and he's known for turning trash into gold.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I read he’s got $17M buyout.
Fired 9 games into yr 2.
Ouch. An expensive change of heart.
Under the terms of Taggart's six-year, $30 million contract, FSU's athletic department will owe him 85% of his remaining compensation through Jan. 31, 2024, which is between $17 million and $18 million. The Seminoles also paid Oregon a $3 million buyout when it hired him away from the Ducks in December 2017, as well as the remaining $1.3 million buyout Oregon owed South Florida when it hired him in December 2016.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Norvell would be a good get for the Razorbacks. I could also see Kiffin to Florida State. It will be easy to "spend more time with my family" and "consider my options" when you are sitting on $17 million. Pruitt is 4-5 with Mizzou, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Realistically all three of those games are winnable, but suspect he winds up 6-6 goes to the Music City Bowl and has another year under Fulmer. Would Leach, the pirate, fit in at Southern Cal or do they go after someone like Boise State's, Bryan Haslip? I also do not understand why people continue to bring up Art Briles. It is about time for Petrino to resurface somewhere.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Patriots' analyst rest of season and Belichick's heir apparent for 2020.

Unless blindfolded skateboarding becomes a D1 sport - at which time 50 schools will come calling for Taggart - on FSU 's $17M dime.

Based on Taggart's job history I expect his next job to be something like HC of the Dallas Cowboys...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I expect Kendall Briles or Mark Stoops at FSU after the year is over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.