2019-20 Coaching Carousel

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
If Bob Stoops is available, then they have to jump on that. If not....Lane Kiffin might do well there.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You never say never, but I cannot believe Bob Stoops would come out of retirement for the dumpster fire in Tallahassee. I still believe Kiffin, Mark Stoops or Norvell would be good hires.

ETA: Should acknowledge that he is a coach of the never to survive XFL.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fiutak is not wrong...

So let’s just say it really is true – despite the school denying the ESPN report – that Florida State raised $20 million from donors to help pay off Willie Taggart’s contract.

It’s getting sort of blown off as no big deal and the cost of doing business – no matter how Taggart is getting paid out – but that’s an astronomical amount of money just to help get rid of a football coach who would’ve likely been more than fine with time and another recruiting class or two to build up the O line.

To put this insane aspect of our world into some sort of perspective, if private donors, or anyone, had taken that $20 million and instead wanted Taggart to enter the race to be the Democratic candidate for president, he’d have ranked fourth in fund raising over the latest round behind just Steyer, Bernie and Liz.

It was easier to find the money to get rid of a football coach than it was for Cory Booker, Amy Kloubuchar, Beto O’Rourke and Julian Castro combined to fund their respective campaigns from July through September.

Or, instead of paying off the bad contract of an already generational-wealthy football coach, that coin could’ve paid the tuition for around 800 Florida kids to go to FSU for four years.
https://collegefootballnews.com/201...all-playoff-rankings-edition-lsu-vs-alabama/5

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
The other thing is that FSU football is big business in the city. I used to work at a convenience store when I was in school and football Saturdays is like winning the weekly lotto. People stop coming and those businesses start feeling it. Some of those donors I'm sure where local businesses.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
After looking at it, I'm thinking that's got to be a satire site:

#BREAKING: Sources closely involved in the #FSU searching process confirm that the team has reached out to former Miami Dolphins Head Coach Don Shula.

“Winning is our top priority - and no one knows winning like Shula. He is very spry despite age”

More details to come.

(But I hear he wanted an expensive condo in Bowden Tower and that's the deal breaker - don't worry for those of you who don't get it)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Fiutak is not wrong...

Or, instead of paying off the bad contract of an already generational-wealthy football coach, that coin could’ve paid the tuition for around 800 Florida kids to go to FSU for four years.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...all-playoff-rankings-edition-lsu-vs-alabama/5
https://www.great-alaska-seafood.co...5v2C0vLckT bGcmloRl0Xk3MkKqmtlcaAo9DEALw_wcB

Or they could have bought 350,000 pounds of Super Colossal King Crab Legs.....shipped from Alaska.....only $57/pound

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Will Miss Terry be able to have the house she bought in Austin, TX, a few years ago moved to Tallahassee?
My sources say that this is all a gigantic smokescreen. FSU and Texas have a double secret agreement that basically says that CNS will be the new head coach at Texas in exchange, Texas will send Tom Herman to Tallahassee as their new HC, and kick in $500 million in cash for facilities upgrades at FSU. And the big winner is........ Jimmy Sexton.
:rolleye2::rolleye2:

Last edited:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
FSU seems to be a total dumpster fire. Do they have any legitimate candidates for their HC position?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
FSU seems to be a total dumpster fire. Do they have any legitimate candidates for their HC position?
Schools need to stop this emotional response firing of head coaches.

It's not like FSU can interview anyone good right now.

I know we've had some major botchery here, but let's give Mal credit: announcing the Mike Dubious "resignation" (like he had a choice) between the UCF and LSU games in 2000 put our name out there with, "Hey, we're going to have an opening for a head coach". I realize FSU couldn't do that in this circumstance since it was a firing, but at the very least they should have waited until the morning after the Florida game.

All that's going to happen now is they might lose a decent candidate somewhere who doesn't want to be questioned about, "Are you going to be the next head coach at FSU?"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Do you consider a man who has never spent a single day as even an ASSISTANT coach to be a viable coaching candidate?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...merges-candidate-fsu-coaching-job/2527093001/

Deion Sanders — a member of both the Pro Football and College Football Hall of Fame — has emerged as a candidate for the Florida State head coaching job, NFL Network reports.

On Sunday, FSU fired Willie Taggart midway through his second season as head coach, opening up a job at what has historically been one of college football's most successful programs.

Sanders' candidacy is a surprise in that the former Seminoles defensive back has no college or NFL coaching experience.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.