2019-20 Coaching Carousel

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The only problem with Leach is that idk if he and our Boosters can [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]coexist. Leach is no BS type of guy and is not [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]afraid to call out anyone, [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]including players.[/FONT][/FONT]
If Arkansas wants to win, what the boosters say means little,
If You hire a Head Coach and someone else is calling the shots... Don't expect much.
You ain't gonna hire a good coach and tell him that some local with a fat wallet wants this or that...
A good coach will demand to make decisions
on the field and with his team...

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Quote:
Uh..........can someone explain how Frost gets a 2 year extension? Nebraska must be desperate.

Who the heck else are they going to get right now that's going to do any better there?

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The winters are long and Hardin Nebraska you'd have to pay me or of money to live there too.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Who was after him that made Nebraska nail him down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I had to guess his success at UCF may have had Florida State sniffing around.

Frankly, I always thought Frost should have gone to Florida (or held out for a better gig than Nebraska.) I know it's "home" but the realities of the CFB these days make that a really tough gig. He should have realized while at UCF how important recruiting footprint is to success.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If I had to guess his success at UCF may have had Florida State sniffing around.

Frankly, I always thought Frost should have gone to Florida (or held out for a better gig than Nebraska.) I know it's "home" but the realities of the CFB these days make that a really tough gig. He should have realized while at UCF how important recruiting footprint is to success.
Just the weather alone would have kept me in Florida.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Uh..........can someone explain how Frost gets a 2 year extension? Nebraska must be desperate.
It was more to tell the children of the corn to stop whining about getting a better coach. Nebraska will most likely make a bowl next year, and Frost will probably get some much needed relief, but that is probably the only bowl game in his entire career at Nebraska imo.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I would say it is about “recruiting” (“need to show recruits I plan be here through their career”) but he STILL had 5 years left on his original 7 year $35 million contract.

This is how schools wind up in a “Gus Malzahn” situation.

Next year if the team showed significant progress and actually beat someone in a meaningful game then maybe. But this on the surface doesn’t appear “premature”. It appears dumb.

Keldeo

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2018
North Little Rock , AR
Some Rumors up on the hill....

Lane Kiffen has been reported to have interviewed for the Arkansas Job

Some people have said that Luke Fickell is the front runner. Hog fans speculate its our Chancellor won't butt out and let Hunter do his job
[SUB][/SUB]Norvell seems that he wants to wait and see if other options come open

Just some random Message board rumors but Kiffin seems to be the most likely at the moment.

Also rumors from the FSU camp

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/22/flor...sters-football-coach-thrasher-willie-taggart/

"Gotta hand it to Florida State President John Thrasher.... who sent a letter to FSU boosters asking for more cash to help fund the search for a new football coach!"

"In 2019, FSU is reaching out to its most loyal donors to ask for their generous support as we embark on the Renaissance of Seminole Football," Thrasher said in a Nov.20 letter obtained by Warchant.com

They already dropped 20mill from the boosters to get rid of Targget but it seems like Fsu wants a few more Mill from them...

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Kiffin to Arkansas would be a bit of a surprise. Just don’t see a fit there for two reasons: First, he’s a California / Florida kind of guy. Just don’t see enough bright lights in Fayetteville to keep him busy. Which is a problem because....

Second, Kiffin’s nature is well established, and is highly unlikely to change. You know about his “off-field” predilections going in. It’s just a matter of when, not if, he embarrasses the program, and what form that embarrassment might take — based on factual precedent, there are several possibilities.

Having been through the Petrino fiasco (which, by the way, started the current slide into doormat-dom), I’d be surprised if the Arkansas leadership would be willing to risk that again.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would like to see what Kiffin could do at FSU or Miami - agree that he would be a bad fit at Arkansas.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I would like to see what Kiffin could do at FSU or Miami - agree that he would be a bad fit at Arkansas.
I would think that Kiffin would be a slam dunk hire for FSU. Florida ties to recruiting, a somewhat tarnished, but still national program, and playing in arguably the weakest Power 5 conference. What am I missing?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I would think that Kiffin would be a slam dunk hire for FSU. Florida ties to recruiting, a somewhat tarnished, but still national program, and playing in arguably the weakest Power 5 conference. What am I missing?
I do too. Kiffin would be crazy to leave his current school for Arkansas. No offense to our Arkansas posters but Florida has a lot more to offer. I enjoyed driving through Arkansas searching for diamonds, the hots springs, and watching so many ducks flying over head, but once again I am going with the weather of Florida or schools in southern California.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Kiffin to Arkansas would be a bit of a surprise. Just don’t see a fit there for two reasons: First, he’s a California / Florida kind of guy. Just don’t see enough bright lights in Fayetteville to keep him busy. Which is a problem because....

Second, Kiffin’s nature is well established, and is highly unlikely to change. You know about his “off-field” predilections going in. It’s just a matter of when, not if, he embarrasses the program, and what form that embarrassment might take — based on factual precedent, there are several possibilities.

Having been through the Petrino fiasco (which, by the way, started the current slide into doormat-dom), I’d be surprised if the Arkansas leadership would be willing to risk that again.
I missed a chance to post where Kiffin responded to an Arkansas fan’s tweet about bring their coach. He said something similar to, “You must’ve never seen Boca.” That could be something, or it could be nothing, kind of sums up Kiffin’s career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.