Question: Is it time to change punters?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban sees what they are doing in practice, so he would know better than us. Maybe Saban did not appreciate Bernier putting his name in the portal.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't disagree on the evaluation of the current situation. But what's the solution? Reichard is hurt, so who's the successor....Bernier again?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
What’s sad is seeing many teams just booming punts for 50+ yards and we can’t seem to average 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The lesson to be learned here is: don't steal a recruit from Tennessee, especially given their troubles with player evaluation over the past decade.

As much as I root for the kid (because he is ours), he's kicking like you'd expect the current UT punter to kick. Reminds me of the story of the kicker when Stallings was here: couldn't miss when coach wasn't around - couldn't connect when he was. Stallings asks him about it, kid says I get nervous when you're around, Stallings tells him something along the lines of "You do know I'll be at all the games, right?"

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
The lesson to be learned here is: don't steal a recruit from Tennessee, especially given their troubles with player evaluation over the past decade.

As much as I root for the kid (because he is ours), he's kicking like you'd expect the current UT punter to kick. Reminds me of the story of the kicker when Stallings was here: couldn't miss when coach wasn't around - couldn't connect when he was. Stallings asks him about it, kid says I get nervous when you're around, Stallings tells him something along the lines of "You do know I'll be at all the games, right?"
Maybe CNS should pull a Sia[emoji23]

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/15128688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think Saban should give the walk on punter a try. Maybe not vs Texas AM (though how could he be worse than DeLong?) but definitely against Tennessee. You never know.. he could pleasantly surprise everyone.

I hold my breath and get nervous literally every kick and punt. lol

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'd probably take Bernier over what we're getting right now. Bernier is never going to boom one like JK, but at least he was pretty consistent at about 40 yards a pop. DeLong just isn't working out.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'd probably take Bernier over what we're getting right now. Bernier is never going to boom one like JK, but at least he was pretty consistent at about 40 yards a pop. DeLong just isn't working out.
It seems DeLong is so slow in getting his punts off that I expect a blocked punt at any time. I would be inclined to give both Bernier and the walk on a shot at TAMU.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Being from Prattville I've seen Perine handle all the kicking duties. He has a strong leg (soccer player too) and I've seen him flip the field many a time. I wouldn't have a worry if I saw him in the formation.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yes. It is time. I don’t know how he looks in practice. Doesnt matter if he cannot reproduce it when it counts. He's going to cost us 6 points against a good team if he keeps going this slow, never mind the short kicks. Try someone else.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Well, I am hoping the Will Reichard heals quickly. Current punter just has to keep practicing; not getting many ops during games. We will just have to compensate for the weakness best we can. As mentioned earlier, we were spoiled by JK Scott.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.