Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread - Page 18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 222 to 234 of 299
  1. #222
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Posts
    20,240

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Well, there was that scrawled note of his in the margin of a campaign speech "TRADE IS BAD." Take that and his evinced belief that trade wars are good and easy to win and you've exhausted his knowledge about trade...
    Good point and I agree. Regarding the success of trade wars, while it's not an on-point analogy, Trump should have looked at the (lack of) success in trying to force compliance from Cuba through economic bashing. It was the policy for decades with minimal success. China is not Cuba. Why would he think China would fold in a matter of months when economically insignificant Cuba held out? I guess I'm not enough of a stable genius to get it.
    Bodhi


    Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

  2. #223
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    17,529

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    The flip side is that, with great power comes the obligation to use it responsibly. The auditor can't issue Qualified opinions willy-nilly. The President shouldn't pull out the tariff hammer simply because it's there, and that's what seems to be lost here.
    This is the president that earnestly suggested an alligator moat and shooting migrants in the legs, and was frustrated upon meeting resistance to these "ideas"
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  3. #224
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Posts
    20,240

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    This is the president that earnestly suggested an alligator moat and shooting migrants in the legs, and was frustrated upon meeting resistance to these "ideas"
    Well, to be fair, ten-year-old Bodhi liked the concept of moats with alligators ….. and I still kinda do. Of course, the only problem is that neither water nor alligators do well in the desert. That's why pits with snakes should be a strong Plan B.
    Bodhi


    Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

  4. #225
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    65,016

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Well, to be fair, ten-year-old Bodhi liked the concept of moats with alligators ….. and I still kinda do. Of course, the only problem is that neither water nor alligators do well in the desert. That's why pits with snakes should be a strong Plan B.
    The problem with snakes is, that if they're not confined, snakes have a habit of going where they want. At least the alligator would stay with the water - until it evaporated...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  5. #226
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    65,016

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Good point and I agree. Regarding the success of trade wars, while it's not an on-point analogy, Trump should have looked at the (lack of) success in trying to force compliance from Cuba through economic bashing. It was the policy for decades with minimal success. China is not Cuba. Why would he think China would fold in a matter of months when economically insignificant Cuba held out? I guess I'm not enough of a stable genius to get it.
    It's because he's ignorant as hell and that's why his grades, all the way back to grammar school, are protected by court order. When he said that trade wars were good and easy to win, all I thought was "Oh God! Here we go." It's hard even to describe ignorance as abysmal as that and he was in charge and also had the nuclear football, which still gives me nightmares...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  6. #227
    BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    You’re exactly right.
    No no no, it's not 2020 yet.

  7. #228
    BamaNation First Team hollisx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbiana, AL.
    Posts
    905

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Several have asked what the appeal of Trump could possibly be to a lot of his supporters.

    This came out a couple of years ago and I believe the author captures my sentiments perfectly.

    https://townhall.com/columnists/evan...ights-n2354580

  8. #229
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Titus, AL
    Posts
    8,719

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Several have asked what the appeal of Trump could possibly be to a lot of his supporters.

    This came out a couple of years ago and I believe the author captures my sentiments perfectly.

    https://townhall.com/columnists/evan...ights-n2354580
    Could you at least find someone more intelligent to fight for the white supremacy that appeals to Trump supporters? I mean the whole thing is supposed to be about how much better and smarter the whites are in the first place.

  9. #230
    BamaNation First Team hollisx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbiana, AL.
    Posts
    905

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Could you at least find someone more intelligent to fight for the white supremacy that appeals to Trump supporters? I mean the whole thing is supposed to be about how much better and smarter the whites are in the first place.
    Not sure what you mean. Did you even read the article before commenting?

    I'm a Trump supporter, and I'm not a white supremacist.
    Last edited by hollisx4; October 12th, 2019 at 06:19 PM.

  10. #231
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    4,440

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Several have asked what the appeal of Trump could possibly be to a lot of his supporters.

    This came out a couple of years ago and I believe the author captures my sentiments perfectly.

    https://townhall.com/columnists/evan...ights-n2354580
    That is one of the dumbest articles I’ve ever read. Basically boils down to Trumps behavior is okay because the author believes the other side behaves the same way. Because “everyone else did it too” is always an acceptable excuse from one of your own kids.

  11. #232
    BamaNation First Team hollisx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbiana, AL.
    Posts
    905

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    That is one of the dumbest articles I’ve ever read. Basically boils down to Trumps behavior is okay because the author believes the other side behaves the same way. Because “everyone else did it too” is always an acceptable excuse from one of your own kids.
    Don't agree with your assessment at all.

    And everything he said happened, happened.

  12. #233
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    65,016

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Don't agree with your assessment at all.

    And everything he said happened, happened.
    Name:  Trump - disbelief of science.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  53.8 KB
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  13. #234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Titus, AL
    Posts
    8,719

    Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Did you even read the article before commenting?

    I'm a Trump supporter, and I'm not a white supremacist.
    I read enough of it. At best as a Trump supporter you are ok with white supremacy and at that point it doesn’t really matter whether you consider yourself one or not.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear