Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
There would not have been so many snarky responses pre-Trump. This board was pretty nice to republicans before they elected Trump (who is not even a conservative).
Don't agree at all, Bush Derangement Syndrome was a thing way before Trump got elected.

But hey, thanks for proving my point for me anyway;)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Don't agree at all, Bush Derangement Syndrome was a thing way before Trump got elected.

If I recall, during Obama's years there were many on this board who had issues with him, brought cogent arguments and many of the same people who are so derisive of DJT right now, used to tear Obama up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

this board was pretty much all in for bush, save for a very few of us. you started seeing his support here waver post katrina, but not too much.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
this board was pretty much all in for bush, save for a very few of us. you started seeing his support here waver post katrina, but not too much.
Yep don't recall that at all. And I've been around a good long while as have most of you.

However, you saying it was so doesn't make it so.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I was not on this board during the Bush years but I was here for the Obama years. There are currently members on this board that are anti-trump that were also very big critics of Obama. So were they conservatives back then and liberals now? I doubt it. I think some people on this board judge policies on a case by case basis rather than just lump all republican or democratic policies into the same category.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep don't recall that at all. And I've been around a good long while as have most of you.

However, you saying it was so doesn't make it so.
yeah, the whole "nobody takes us seriously" victim shtick has been part of the gop mantra since the beginning of fox news (and probably before that), so i am not surprised that it seemed that way through a "conservative" lens.

the bush support here didn't really break until the 2006 election. all of a sudden, there were tons of conservatives calling bush a rino, and then they memory holed the entire 8 years.

regardless of all of that, neither i, nor any other of the (4 or 5) board "libs" ever started a thread talking about how unfair it was that we weren't being heard or complaining that our thoughts were being squashed.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
yeah, the whole "nobody takes us seriously" victim shtick has been part of the gop mantra since the beginning of fox news (and probably before that), so i am not surprised that it seemed that way through a "conservative" lens. No idea what you're talking about

the bush support here didn't really break until the 2006 election. all of a sudden, there were tons of conservatives calling bush a rino, and then they memory holed the entire 8 years. Bush was/is a RINO--that's the whole thing that's great about Trump, he isn't one of them---they all hate him....all the traditional pols who have been feeding at the public trough for generations hate his guts and so do the people who support the way things used to be

regardless of all of that, neither i, nor any other of the (4 or 5) board "libs" ever started a thread talking about how unfair it was that we weren't being heard or complaining that our thoughts were being squashed. You don't have to, this is a liberal echo chamber and the libs bash and ridicule any points they don't agree with. Earlier one of you libs said that as long as someone shows up with a reasonable point I will treat them with respect..........which is of course, anyone who shows up with an opinion we all agree with.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
point away. i thought the point of the thread was for conservatives to have a safe space to share their ideas without them being smashed like hillary's blackberry.
No need, I didn't start this thread and I have no need of anyone's approval to like me or respect my opinions, although I've lamented for a long time about what this board has become.

I guarantee I'm not the only one. Just the only one speaking up at the moment.

Reactions: Jay Hughes

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
No need, I didn't start this thread and I have no need of anyone's approval to like me or respect my opinions, although I've lamented for a long time about what this board has become.

I'll bite. What topic do you want to have a discussion about? I would be glad to have a discussion on any topic as long as we can both agree that talking points need to be sourced with facts, and generally not come from sources too far to one political side or the other. IE any Alex Jones sourced points are definitely a reason for being derided.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

so, you're the mind reader now?

i'm glad someone is willing to speak truth to power. keeps everything in check

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I'll bite. What topic do you want to have a discussion about? I would be glad to have a discussion on any topic as long as we can both agree that talking points need to be sourced with facts, and generally not come from sources too far to one political side or the other. IE any Alex Jones sourced points are definitely a reason for being derided.
A pretty good site

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Perhaps we need to split the forum yet again? Have a Non-Sports Trump is Lord No Brain Required Politics Discussion forum and then a regular Non-Sports Politics forum.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.