Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Re: Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Yep don't recall that at all. And I've been around a good long while as have most of you.

However, you saying it was so doesn't make it so.
    yeah, the whole "nobody takes us seriously" victim shtick has been part of the gop mantra since the beginning of fox news (and probably before that), so i am not surprised that it seemed that way through a "conservative" lens.

the bush support here didn't really break until the 2006 election. all of a sudden, there were tons of conservatives calling bush a rino, and then they memory holed the entire 8 years.

regardless of all of that, neither i, nor any other of the (4 or 5) board "libs" ever started a thread talking about how unfair it was that we weren't being heard or complaining that our thoughts were being squashed.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    yeah, the whole "nobody takes us seriously" victim shtick has been part of the gop mantra since the beginning of fox news (and probably before that), so i am not surprised that it seemed that way through a "conservative" lens. No idea what you're talking about

the bush support here didn't really break until the 2006 election. all of a sudden, there were tons of conservatives calling bush a rino, and then they memory holed the entire 8 years. Bush was/is a RINO--that's the whole thing that's great about Trump, he isn't one of them---they all hate him....all the traditional pols who have been feeding at the public trough for generations hate his guts and so do the people who support the way things used to be

regardless of all of that, neither i, nor any other of the (4 or 5) board "libs" ever started a thread talking about how unfair it was that we weren't being heard or complaining that our thoughts were being squashed. You don't have to, this is a liberal echo chamber and the libs bash and ridicule any points they don't agree with. Earlier one of you libs said that as long as someone shows up with a reasonable point I will treat them with respect..........which is of course, anyone who shows up with an opinion we all agree with.

i have to say, you are making the conservative case quite well. please proceed.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

i have to say, you are making the conservative case quite well. please proceed.
    I'm not trying to make a conservative case, I'm just pointing out you libs hypocrisy.

I'm not trying to make a conservative case, I'm just pointing out you libs hypocrisy.
    point away. i thought the point of the thread was for conservatives to have a safe space to share their ideas without them being smashed like hillary's blackberry.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Bless your heart.
    This is the darkest timeline.

point away. i thought the point of the thread was for conservatives to have a safe space to share their ideas without them being smashed like hillary's blackberry.
    No need, I didn't start this thread and I have no need of anyone's approval to like me or respect my opinions, although I've lamented for a long time about what this board has become.

I guarantee I'm not the only one. Just the only one speaking up at the moment.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Only if they actually believe in balanced budgets.
    I never said Reagan and GWB were Eisenhower Republicans

BamaNation All-American

No need, I didn't start this thread and I have no need of anyone's approval to like me or respect my opinions, although I've lamented for a long time about what this board has become.

I'll bite. What topic do you want to have a discussion about? I would be glad to have a discussion on any topic as long as we can both agree that talking points need to be sourced with facts, and generally not come from sources too far to one political side or the other. IE any Alex Jones sourced points are definitely a reason for being derided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

so, you're the mind reader now?

i'm glad someone is willing to speak truth to power. keeps everything in check
    Last edited by 92tide; September 30th, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    I'll bite. What topic do you want to have a discussion about? I would be glad to have a discussion on any topic as long as we can both agree that talking points need to be sourced with facts, and generally not come from sources too far to one political side or the other. IE any Alex Jones sourced points are definitely a reason for being derided.
    A pretty good site

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Do let us know when you actually point some out.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Do let us know when you actually point some out.
    he has michelle's whitey tape on his hard drive.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon