Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So 4Q BC posts a well reasoned (IMO) and thoughtful post.

The dim's take this from it.....

italics are mine:biggrin:

that's a silly comparison---your opinion is stupid
I think your complaint rings a bit hollow--your'e not genuine
I think that's what this thread is actually about--your'e an idiot for not seeing things my way

So tell me again how this board isn't a libtard echo chamber.....:biggrin2:
Reading comprehension is not a personal strength, I see.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the definition of liberal and conservative really needs to be defined for some people because I have a feeling many are confused which one, if either at all, they actually are.

Hint: Trumpers aren’t conservatives.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the definition of liberal and conservative really needs to be defined for some people because I have a feeling many are confused which one, if either at all, they actually are.

Hint: Trumpers aren’t conservatives.
And neither is he. The thought is nauseating...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Obviously, this Republican-Conservative thread has went to hell. Folks, if you’re a republican you’re a a deplorable piece of crap. I’m done until November 2020

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Obviously, this Republican-Conservative thread has went to hell. Folks, if you’re a republican you’re a a deplorable piece of crap. I’m done until November 2020
Aww man. How am I gonna get the straight conservative facts now?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My guess is I don't think you are going to be any happier after 2020.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
No it didnt. It just showed most people's understanding of the word "conservative" is wrong, and that Trumpers are the biggest crybabies in the world. A good deal of us that don't like Trump are actually far more conservative than the folks on here parading Trump and conservatism.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Perhaps your reaction is because what you post is regurgitation of nonsense that you heard on Hannity or Limbaugh and can’t quite figure out why you’re not taken seriously

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I'm not sure that is necessarily true. It is just that somehow people seem to want to be able to vote for Trump without having the perception of themselves as being Trump supporters. It's the whole "I really dislike Trump, but he is better than any Democrat, so I as a Republican am forced to hold my nose and vote for him." Fundamentally that shows the tribalism prevalent in the two party system greater than anything in recent memory.

I think it is the fact that people (not necessarily you) want to try and hold onto the Republican mantle while voting for Trump even though the only conservative positions he holds are anti-abortion, gun rights, cutting taxes on the wealthy, and being severely anti immigration.

Now if people wanted to stand up and say that they want to redefine the Republican Party as being the party of anti-abortion, gun rights, cutting taxes on wealthy, and severe anti-immigration, then that's fine. But last I checked, Republicans of old believed in more than just those things. It is the same problem with evangelicals sacrificing their integrity to support a man who is the antithesis of everything even remotely christian purely because he professes to be anti-abortion.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Fine. Since the OP really wants this to be a positive Republican Party in its current form thread, Ill offer one thing that Trump did good for the United States.

-He gave veterans access to urgent care free of charge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.