Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
My guess is I don't think you are going to be any happier after 2020.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/cbs-...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

From the link:

Finally, Attkisson pointed out, a majority from each party – Democrats, Republicans, and Independents – said they believed the “primary goal of the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry is to ‘politically damage Donald Trump’s presidency and his reelection.’”

Even without using the “fuzzy math” (124 more Democrats were polled than Republicans so the article attempts to even those numbers out ) this shows that the Dems know without someone like this, or the failed collusion narrative, Trump will get reelected simply because the Dems have absolutely no one of substance to put up against him.

All these Democratic candidates speaking of free health care, open borders, gun confiscation, and higher taxes have simply lost touch with reality. People will simply vote for Trump because he isn’t any one of those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You really need to find sources that don't link themselves to names like Ben Shapiro in the https bar because they instantly lose credibility. It would be like me finding a Cenk Uygar clip, and after hours of baths to rid my body of the filth I suffered through.presenting it to you as a fact. There are far far far more credible conservative voices out there that could articulate a scenario in which Trump wins. The hint in finding them, is ones that aren't too giddy in their writing about that possibility.

From the link:

Finally, Attkisson pointed out, a majority from each party – Democrats, Republicans, and Independents – said they believed the “primary goal of the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry is to ‘politically damage Donald Trump’s presidency and his reelection.’”

The amusing part of this is the hypocrisy of the Hill article

None of this is to suggest there isn’t a negative trend line for President Trump, or that any poll should be reported in a one-sided fashion on behalf of either interest. But I think we already are seeing the continuation of a trend that proved problematic in 2015 and 2016: polls being used to try to shape public opinion, rather than to measure it.

We in the media promised to self-correct after making so many mistakes covering the 2016 campaign. But it’s starting to look like we’re traveling the same path as we head toward 2020.
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
Oh really now

Hill:

A check of the poll data shows it interviewed 124 more Democrats than Republicans. That’s a statistically significant difference — 6 percentage points more Democrats than Republicans. Assuming, for the sake of argument, that Democrats and Republicans generally respond along party lines, a sample that looked at 6 percentage points more Republicans instead of Democrats would blow the “headline” that “a majority of Americans” favors the impeachment inquiry. It would, theoretically, change the pro-impeachment inquiry majority to a minority: 49 percent favoring the impeachment inquiry, and 51 percent opposing.

But you are leaving one thing out

Conservative: 611
Liberal: 586
Moderate: 845

So you are telling me that there are 70 more conservatives than Republicans and 100 less liberals than Democrats. Nothing they did was charged or purposely misleading by the CBS poll. They just asked 2000 people (a very good sample size) what their opinions were for very simple questions. But the Hill's interpretation clearly was.

From the link:

Even without using the “fuzzy math” (124 more Democrats were polled than Republicans so the article attempts to even those numbers out )

It wasnt "fuzzy math". This is how polls are done.

this shows that the Dems know without someone like this, or the failed collusion narrative,

Sarah Palin can come to the conclusion that she actually can see Russia from her house based on the tales of the Berhing Strait, even if empiracal evidence does exist that clearly says that is a baldfaced lie. So yeah I guess someone can believe that Trump didnt collude with Russia despite rooms full of evidence that he did that his cronies covered up loose ends to.

Trump will get reelected simply because the Dems have absolutely no one of substance to put up against him.

Sadly that was probably inevitable once part of the Democratic Party became the party of "If it isnt my democrat, then Im staying at home and allowing Hitler jr get elected to show you Mom and Dad".

All these Democratic candidates speaking of free health care, open borders, gun confiscation, and higher taxes have simply lost touch with reality. People will simply vote for Trump because he isn’t any one of those people.

They will simply vote for Trump because they love an old, white, racist, immoral, womanizing, sexist, poorly dressed, swindling, islamaphobic, homophobic, used car salesman, vulgar, jackass. Again he is only a Republican because he would never be able to make a hostile takeover with the super delegates. And he isnt a conservative by any stretch.
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You really need to find sources that don't link themselves to names like Ben Shapiro in the https bar because they instantly lose credibility. It would be like me finding a Cenk Uygar clip, and after hours of baths to rid my body of the filth I suffered through.presenting it to you as a fact. There are far far far more credible conservative voices out there that could articulate a scenario in which Trump wins. The hint in finding them, is ones that aren't too giddy in their writing about that possibility.

The amusing part of this is the hypocrisy of the Hill article

Oh really now

Hill:

But you are leaving one thing out

Conservative: 611
Liberal: 586
Moderate: 845

So you are telling me that there are 70 more conservatives than Republicans and 100 less liberals than Democrats. Nothing they did was charged or purposely misleading by the CBS poll. They just asked 2000 people (a very good sample size) what their opinions were for very simple questions. But the Hill's interpretation clearly was.

It wasnt "fuzzy math". This is how polls are done.

Sarah Palin can come to the conclusion that she actually can see Russia from her house based on the tales of the Berhing Strait, even if empiracal evidence does exist that clearly says that is a baldfaced lie. So yeah I guess someone can believe that Trump didnt collude with Russia despite rooms full of evidence that he did that his cronies covered up loose ends to.

Sadly that was probably inevitable once part of the Democratic Party became the party of "If it isnt my democrat, then Im staying at home and allowing Hitler jr get elected to show you Mom and Dad".

They will simply vote for Trump because they love an old, white, racist, immoral, womanizing, sexist, poorly dressed, swindling, islamaphobic, homophobic, used car salesman, vulgar, jackass. Again he is only a Republican because he would never be able to make a hostile takeover with the super delegates. And he isnt a conservative by any stretch.
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
The “fuzzy math” was the part of the article where the percentages were skewed in an attempt to even the playing field. I referenced none of those numbers, simply quoting what I found to be relevant: that across the political spectrum people believe this is simply to damage Trump’s attempt at reelection.

They won’t vote for Trump because of what he is, but what he isn’t: he isn’t standing on a stage saying he’s coming for your guns or that he’s giving free healthcare to everyone without a realistic way to fund it. Up until his ranting about a coup, the craziest thing he’s done is try to build a wall across the Southern border of Texas.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The “fuzzy math” was the part of the article where the percentages were skewed in an attempt to even the playing field. I referenced none of those numbers, simply quoting what I found to be relevant: that across the political spectrum people believe this is simply to damage Trump’s attempt at reelection.

But again it evens out when you look at how these people identified themselves between "conservative", "liberal", and "moderate". If they referenced that distinction then it would've totally destroyed their whole spill about "these polls are ideological triggered".

They won’t vote for Trump because of what he is, but what he isn’t: he isn’t standing on a stage saying he’s coming for your guns or that he’s giving free healthcare to everyone without a realistic way to fund it.

Im not voting for Trump for the same reason that I will never vote for Roy Moore, and its because he is a crusty old con man that is also racist, homophobic, and is a sleezebag that exploits Christians who are way too naïve to ever understand that they are being played by another rich Northerner.

Up until his ranting about a coup, the craziest thing he’s done is try to build a wall across the Southern border of Texas.

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
My guess is I don't think you are going to be any happier after 2020.
Who is going to beat him? Warren? Maybe, but Trump will demolish her on the campaign trail. Biden maybe, but he is taking daily hits as well. Beto? After his guns stance, he should just quietly throw in the towel. Bern? The Dems will never let that happen.

People who really love their money, bookies, still have Trump a big favorite to win, although the impeachment has given Warren a Bump. If, and it's a big if, Trump comes out of this without being impeached, he gets reelected,IMO.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

They won’t vote for Trump because of what he is, but what he isn’t: he isn’t standing on a stage saying he’s coming for your guns or that he’s giving free healthcare to everyone without a realistic way to fund it. Up until his ranting about a coup, the craziest thing he’s done is try to build a wall across the Southern border of Texas.

I guess asking Russia publicly to hack Hillary's email and release them isn't crazy.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I guess asking Russia publicly to hack Hillary's email and release them isn't crazy.
or calling for the death penalty for a group of black kids after they had been proven to be innocent

or saying that windmills call cancer

or that vaccines cause autism

or claiming the russians didn't hack the dnc

etc

etc

etc

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
No it didnt. It just showed most people's understanding of the word "conservative" is wrong, and that Trumpers are the biggest crybabies in the world. A good deal of us that don't like Trump are actual conservatives unlike the folks on here parading Trump as conservatism.
FIFY

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not sure that is necessarily true. It is just that somehow people seem to want to be able to vote for Trump without having the perception of themselves as being Trump supporters. It's the whole "I really dislike Trump, but he is better than any Democrat, so I as a Republican am forced to hold my nose and vote for him." Fundamentally that shows the tribalism prevalent in the two party system greater than anything in recent memory.

I think it is the fact that people (not necessarily you) want to try and hold onto the Republican mantle while voting for Trump even though the only conservative positions he holds are anti-abortion, gun rights, cutting taxes on the wealthy, and being severely anti immigration.

Now if people wanted to stand up and say that they want to redefine the Republican Party as being the party of anti-abortion, gun rights, cutting taxes on wealthy, and severe anti-immigration, then that's fine. But last I checked, Republicans of old believed in more than just those things. It is the same problem with evangelicals sacrificing their integrity to support a man who is the antithesis of everything even remotely christian purely because he professes to be anti-abortion.
At my age, it's not a strange phenomenon. It was a standing joke during Wallace's career that you couldn't find anyone who'd admit voting for him the morning before or after election day, but, somehow, he just kept on winning elections. I've said it before, but, so far as I can tell, the voters behind Trump are just Wallace voters a generation later, and the reasons are exactly the same. It's a racist vote. It's just that some will admit it and some will not...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Quite the contrary in regards to Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire. You’ll find that you might not agree with anything they write, but their articles are well cited with evidence of their opinions, as all sites should be. They reference conservative and liberal news sites and provide an opinion that’s easier to take than just screaming, “baby killer” and throwing holy water on liberals.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Quite the contrary in regards to Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire. You’ll find that you might not agree with anything they write, but their articles are well cited with evidence of their opinions, as all sites should be. They reference conservative and liberal news sites and provide an opinion that’s easier to take than just screaming, “baby killer” and throwing holy water on liberals.

Ben Shapiro just copies what Cenk Uygar and Steven Crowder does, but tries to to control the debate by talking too fast to unpack everything he says. Meaning he cherry picks facts, while purposely ignoring critical flaws, and only debates people that he knows he can make stupid because they are too emotional. There are good reasons to why Ben and Cenk don’t want to go after the big boys, and it’s because they know they can’t handle the big boys in a logical debate.

They love living behind their law degrees that they never used to fool folks into thinking they know more about the legal system and politics than everyone else.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ben Shapiro just copies what Cenk Uygar and Steven Crowder does, but tries to to control the debate by talking too fast to unpack everything he says. Meaning he cherry picks facts, while purposely ignoring critical flaws, and only debates people that he knows he can make stupid because they are too emotional. There are good reasons to why Ben and Cenk don’t want to go after the big boys, and it’s because they know they can’t handle the big boys in a logical debate.

They love living behind their law degrees that they never used to fool folks into thinking they know more about the legal system and politics than everyone else.
if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull[crap]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull[crap]
what I’m finding is that the conservative base isn’t producing great intellectual minds or they are getting destroyed by Fox and Breitbart in favor of these hack job puppets that are loud and obnoxious that love to play the false victim card.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
what I’m finding is that the conservative base isn’t producing great intellectual minds or they are getting destroyed by Fox and Breitbart in favor of these hack job puppets that are loud and obnoxious that love to play the false victim card.
It's hard to produce intellectuals when your brand is built on anti-intellectualism.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's hard to produce intellectuals when your brand is built on anti-intellectualism.
Like him or hate him at least Buckley and his group gave the conservative an intellectual platform to stand on. Now the conservative movement is made up of a lot of people trying to tell us that the liberal and libertarian movements are unconstitutional while waving around a JD that they never had to use to justify these beliefs.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Like him or hate him at least Buckley and his group gave the conservative an intellectual platform to stand on. Now the conservative movement is made up of a lot of people trying to tell us that the liberal and libertarian movements are unconstitutional while waving around a JD that they never had to use to justify these beliefs.
and George Will is sadly crying in a corner

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.