Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ain’t alone!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Didn't say they did. Just said they may finish last. The Dolphins could very well end up with the first 2 picks.
The Steelers defense will win them some games. I see them at worst splitting with the Browns, beating the Jets, and winning vs the Bungels. Pretty much pushing them outside of the bottom 5. If they win tonight then they are probably close to a .500 team, and they can justify the minkha acquisition.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If I was a GM with a Top 10 pick then a qb is not someone I would pick. I just think it’s been proven over and over again that a qb isn’t going to win a championship without an offensive line or a defense. I think a top 10 pick is better used for a can’t miss defensive stud, wide receiver, or o lineman.

As for Tua... I don’t think he is a #1 pick and probably not a top 5 pick.
I think you are right. You stick a QB behind a gutted offensive line with no weapons outside and he's going to be out of the league in 5 years.

I just hope he gets with a good team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think you are right. You stick a QB behind a gutted offensive line with no weapons outside and he's going to be out of the league in 5 years.

I just hope he gets with a good team.
There are of course exceptions, but most of these teams in the top 10 picks have had a lot top 10 picks in the last 10 years.

But look at the Colts in 2012, they were a team the previous year that just had bad luck with Peyton having season ending surgery. They had the pieces to make a playoff push with a quarterback that was in his late 30’s. So it made logical sense for them to draft luck. But many of these teams draft qb after qb and are stuck in an endless cycle of drafting and kicking out qbs because they don’t build a team.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Those teams have to have a QB. They’ll take Tua with the 1st pick. I could see Chase Young being a #1 too but that’s about it. Then again, teams have pulled some shockers before.
Chase Young will be a wild card for sure. Most analysts have him as the second best player in the draft. He is so impressive, as you say, being selected first overall is not out of the question.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Those teams have to have a QB. They’ll take Tua with the 1st pick. I could see Chase Young being a #1 too but that’s about it. Then again, teams have pulled some shockers before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. The Giants, Falcons, and Jets won’t draft a qb with the #1 pick. The Fins aren’t a slam dunk for it either with Rosen. I actually see them getting a guy like Young with #1 and getting a qb later in the 1st round for slightly cheaper. Remember it’s a qb heavy draft.

But also remember what people are saying about the draft right now is probably nowhere near to what they will be saying in March and April.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not necessarily. The Giants, Falcons, and Jets won’t draft a qb with the #1 pick. The Fins aren’t a slam dunk for it either with Rosen. I actually see them getting a guy like Young with #1 and getting a qb later in the 1st round for slightly cheaper. Remember it’s a qb heavy draft.

But also remember what people are saying about the draft right now is probably nowhere near to what they will be saying in March and April.
With the number of picks that Miami has early in the draft and the number of high quality QBs available, they would be foolish to take a QB at #1. I think that they should consider passing on a QB selection altogether in this draft. They need to build a team, and they already have a 1st round draft pick at QB. Let him develop for a few years before you discard him. I mean, it's not like Tua or even Tom Brady would make them into a playoff team next year. They are missing far too many pieces.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
You don't wait to take the 3rd best QB in the draft. You take the best QB at #1.

I'll be absolutely shocked if Miami passes on a QB assuming they have the 1st pick.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You don't wait to take the 3rd best QB in the draft. You take the best QB at #1.

I'll be absolutely shocked if Miami passes on a QB assuming they have the 1st pick.
I kinda agree - either take the best QB at #1 or pass on a QB altogether.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Or trade for a superstar QB.. use draft to build offense.
I like that strategy myself. Personally, the more I watch him, the more I like Chase Young. As a fan I’d take Tua but as a GM I’d likely go after Chase Young and Jerry Jeudy with my next pick. They should have 3 gems to build from unless they botch it which is also very common in the modern NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think that the Dolphins are going to take a QB with their first pick in the draft, and they are bad enough to lose every game without tanking, so the rest of the list is kinda superfluous.
They actually won their first game on Nov 2nd. I bet the players get fined for winning one as now there are a number of 1 win teams such as Atlanta, Jets to name a couple.

BTW, I sincerely hope Tua does not go in the top 10 which will give him a better team to go to. I know he won't want high sprains on both ankles with some of those O lines. Taking a little less on the first contract is well worth it for health reasons. The second contract is the biggie.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Lamar is horrible against any defense worth a damn. The only reason the Ravens made the playoffs last year was because they were backloaded with scrubs and the Steelers had major internal conflicts. Had Flacco been the qb for the final 7, the result is most likely the same. Flacco is a far more polished qb, and far more dangerous on a good team. The Falcons are justified with their complaints about Ryan, but the Ravens were not on Flacco.

Lamar is a poor man’s RGIII and will probably suffer the same fate.
This statement has not aged well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.