Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ain’t alone!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
After 5 weeks I can guarantee you that some organizations are truly considering the idea of having the real possibility of being able to draft Tua. There are now SEVEN winless teams. While I don’t think the Arizona Cardinals will be aiming for a QB after drafting Kyler I can absolutely see all of the others drafting him. The teams all need a franchise QB.

Most Likely:

Miami Dolphins
-enough said
-they clearly are emptying the cupboard in hopes of Tua and I can’t blame them.

Denver Broncos
-personally I think Elway is the biggest problem with that franchise
-they look awful on offense. Beyond awful and Joe Flacco ain’t the answer and they spent nothing in taking a flyer on Drew Locke.

Chances Increasing:

Cincinnati Bengals
-Red Ryder is done and they need someone who can give that floundering franchise a breath of life and put butts back in the Jungle’s seats.

Less Likely:

New York Jets
-is Sam Darnold the future? (probably but just because the Jets have been so inept as a franchise for years)
-that said the new regime seems to have some brains and with Rookie contracts being sooooo cheap compared with the superstars I could see them putting Tua and Sam next to one another and having a really easy choice to make

Black Horse:

Atlanta Falcons
-could you imagine Tua with that WR corps his first year? He’d go hog wild [emoji12]
-Matty Ice looks more like Natty Lite these last two years. He’s just a statue in the pocket.
-that enormously STUPID contract though will likely tie the hands of a franchise that I guarantee you would like to move on from the most OVERRATED QB in quite some time.
-if they continue to suck as badly as they have been they may not have a choice.

Pittsburgh Steelers
-To me it looks like the expiration date on Big Ben has come and gone.
-he has a tough injury to come back from and even if he does there are a LOT of rings on the tree stump already
-with Tua the future is now
-as has been pointed out below though they’d have to find a trade partner to get back in the first round.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Teams to keep on the radar as the season progresses:

Oakland (Las Vegas) Raiders-easy to move on from Carr

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- doubt seriously they want to pay Jameis his 2nd contract

Carolina Panthers- Cam May be done cause he
still can’t pass

Jacksonville Jaguars- Nick Foles or Tua

Indianapolis Colts- with the shocking retirement of Luck the Colts need a new franchise QB. Maybe Jacoby Brissett is the answer but we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Some are saying Tenn. may have had its fill if Marcus Mariota. He’s certainly had his chances. I don’t think I’d include them unless all the wheels fall off starting next week.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It’s going to be a lot of fun watching where he goes. My choice would be a place like Denver. I think he’d win right away, while Miami looks to be bad for a while.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Might want to add Redskins to the list. I know we have Haskins but my gut is telling me we may have a Rosen situation on out hands(not Haskins fault more the teams)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Some are saying Tenn. may have had its fill if Marcus Mariota. He’s certainly had his chances. I don’t think I’d include them unless all the wheels fall off starting next week.

The Falcons made Mariota look like a Hall of Famer. Then again they do that to every QB they face. I would love for Tua to be here, but the owner and GM in Atlanta are too stupid and sign Ryan to a ridiculous contract that still has a lot of years and a lot of money left on it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Might want to add Redskins to the list. I know we have Haskins but my gut is telling me we may have a Rosen situation on out hands(not Haskins fault more the teams)
Redskins knew they had a project on their hands when they drafted Haskins. He only started one season at OSU. IMO, they will play him and see how he develops this year and next before they bail (unless he truly melts down).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that the Dolphins are going to take a QB with their first pick in the draft, and they are bad enough to lose every game without tanking, so the rest of the list is kinda superfluous.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Redskins knew they had a project on their hands when they drafted Haskins. He only started one season at OSU. IMO, they will play him and see how he develops this year and next before they bail (unless he truly melts down).
Maybe. But there is a very real possibility that there is a completely knew staff in place. And, with the current team around him I think a true meltdown seems possible. Plus it looks like there is a somewhat decent chance we get the #1 pick. Hard to pass on Tua.

That said, if Haskins flashes enough (which is my hope) then I'm hoping we get Chase Young.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think that the Dolphins are going to take a QB with their first pick in the draft, and they are bad enough to lose every game without tanking, so the rest of the list is kinda superfluous.
They play us in Miami in a few weeks. We're really really really bad. Maybe even bad enough to lose on the road to the Dolphins.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My fear Tua gets taken by a terrible team and gets killed his first year.

It would be nice if he could go to a decent team that just needs a QB to put them over the top.

But, unless something changes he's the first QB off the board and probably the overall #1 pick.

He's about to get paid, but then he'll have to pay for it with a team like the 'Fins.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

It would be nice if he could go to a decent team that just needs a QB to put them over the top.

But, unless something changes he's the first QB off the board and probably the overall #1 pick.

He's about to get paid, but then he'll have to pay for it with a team like the 'Fins.
I know this is far fetched and has about a .00000001 chance of happening. But Tua could decide to come back for his sr. year if he and his family felt like he was going to a franchise that was going to "David Carr" him. You probably already know, but David Carr's career never had a chance with him being drafted by the Texans. By the time they were able to put a respectable roster together. Carr was beaten to death and had become a career backup on his way out of the league. Not all teams that pick first in the draft are in the same place from an organizational standpoint. I don't keep up with the NFL like I do college football. But what I've read about the Miami organization, it is a cluster crap and maybe on the level of an expansion team for the next few years.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I know this is far fetched and has about a .00000001 chance of happening. But Tua could decide to come back for his sr. year if he and his family felt like he was going to a franchise that was going to "David Carr" him. You probably already know, but David Carr's career never had a chance with him being drafted by the Texans. By the time they were able to put a respectable roster together. Carr was beaten to death and had become a career backup on his way out of the league. Not all teams that pick first in the draft are in the same place from an organizational standpoint. I don't keep up with the NFL like I do college football. But what I've read about the Miami organization, it is a cluster crap and maybe on the level of an expansion team for the next few years.
Idk man, his Dad is clearly pretty controlling. It wouldn't be all that surprising for him to pull something like that or an Eli Manning and refuse to play for Miami and force a trade.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017

That's why I'm praying its a team like the Colts or the Steelers, but most likely it will be the Fins.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Idk man, his Dad is clearly pretty controlling. It wouldn't be all that surprising for him to pull something like that or an Eli Manning and refuse to play for Miami and force a trade.
I wonder if Tua's dad will really have the final say if Tua stays or leaves for NFL. (or if he will let Tua decide). His dad does seem to have the final say for most everything.

I can see a scenario where he'd want Tua to stay his senior year, especially if he gets injured or Bama does not win #18. Most likely Tua will leave early, but I guess we won't know until January.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think Lia being on campus hurts the possibility of Tua staying for his senior year

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think if Tua graduates -- he's gone...

If he still has hours left -- there is a slightest of the slightest chance.... (wishful thinking!)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.