Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ainít alone!
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ainít alone!

After 5 weeks I can guarantee you that some organizations are truly considering the idea of having the real possibility of being able to draft Tua. There are now SEVEN winless teams. While I donít think the Arizona Cardinals will be aiming for a QB after drafting Kyler I can absolutely see all of the others drafting him. The teams all need a franchise QB.

Most Likely:

Miami Dolphins
    -enough said
    -they clearly are emptying the cupboard in hopes of Tua and I canít blame them.

Denver Broncos
    -personally I think Elway is the biggest problem with that franchise
    -they look awful on offense. Beyond awful and Joe Flacco ainít the answer and they spent nothing in taking a flyer on Drew Locke.

Chances Increasing:

Cincinnati Bengals
    -Red Ryder is done and they need someone who can give that floundering franchise a breath of life and put butts back in the Jungleís seats.

Less Likely:

New York Jets
    -is Sam Darnold the future? (probably but just because the Jets have been so inept as a franchise for years)
    -that said the new regime seems to have some brains and with Rookie contracts being sooooo cheap compared with the superstars I could see them putting Tua and Sam next to one another and having a really easy choice to make

Black Horse:

Atlanta Falcons
    -could you imagine Tua with that WR corps his first year? Heíd go hog wild
    -Matty Ice looks more like Natty Lite these last two years. Heís just a statue in the pocket.
    -that enormously STUPID contract though will likely tie the hands of a franchise that I guarantee you would like to move on from the most OVERRATED QB in quite some time.
    -if they continue to suck as badly as they have been they may not have a choice.

Pittsburgh Steelers
    -To me it looks like the expiration date on Big Ben has come and gone.
    -he has a tough injury to come back from and even if he does there are a LOT of rings on the tree stump already
    -with Tua the future is now
    -as has been pointed out below though theyíd have to find a trade partner to get back in the first round.
    Last edited by bamacon; September 30th, 2019 at 02:03 AM.

Re: Tanking for Tua??? The Dolphins ainít alone!

Teams to keep on the radar as the season progresses:

Oakland (Las Vegas) Raiders-easy to move on from Carr

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- doubt seriously they want to pay Jameis his 2nd contract

Carolina Panthers- Cam May be done cause he
    still canít pass

Jacksonville Jaguars- Nick Foles or Tua

Indianapolis Colts- with the shocking retirement of Luck the Colts need a new franchise QB. Maybe Jacoby Brissett is the answer but weíll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Steelers traded their first to the Dolphins

Forgot about that move. Great for the Phins.

Some are saying Tenn. may have had its fill if Marcus Mariota. Heís certainly had his chances. I donít think Iíd include them unless all the wheels fall off starting next week.

It’s going to be a lot of fun watching where he goes. My choice would be a place like Denver. I think he’d win right away, while Miami looks to be bad for a while.

BamaNation All-American

Might want to add Redskins to the list. I know we have Haskins but my gut is telling me we may have a Rosen situation on out hands(not Haskins fault more the teams)

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Some are saying Tenn. may have had its fill if Marcus Mariota. He’s certainly had his chances. I don’t think I’d include them unless all the wheels fall off starting next week.

The Falcons made Mariota look like a Hall of Famer. Then again they do that to every QB they face. I would love for Tua to be here, but the owner and GM in Atlanta are too stupid and sign Ryan to a ridiculous contract that still has a lot of years and a lot of money left on it.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Might want to add Redskins to the list. I know we have Haskins but my gut is telling me we may have a Rosen situation on out hands(not Haskins fault more the teams)
    Redskins knew they had a project on their hands when they drafted Haskins. He only started one season at OSU. IMO, they will play him and see how he develops this year and next before they bail (unless he truly melts down).

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I think that the Dolphins are going to take a QB with their first pick in the draft, and they are bad enough to lose every game without tanking, so the rest of the list is kinda superfluous.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Redskins knew they had a project on their hands when they drafted Haskins. He only started one season at OSU. IMO, they will play him and see how he develops this year and next before they bail (unless he truly melts down).
    Maybe. But there is a very real possibility that there is a completely knew staff in place. And, with the current team around him I think a true meltdown seems possible. Plus it looks like there is a somewhat decent chance we get the #1 pick. Hard to pass on Tua.

That said, if Haskins flashes enough (which is my hope) then I'm hoping we get Chase Young.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that the Dolphins are going to take a QB with their first pick in the draft, and they are bad enough to lose every game without tanking, so the rest of the list is kinda superfluous.
    They play us in Miami in a few weeks. We're really really really bad. Maybe even bad enough to lose on the road to the Dolphins.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

My fear Tua gets taken by a terrible team and gets killed his first year.

It would be nice if he could go to a decent team that just needs a QB to put them over the top.

But, unless something changes he's the first QB off the board and probably the overall #1 pick.

He's about to get paid, but then he'll have to pay for it with a team like the 'Fins.