Devonte Smith appreciation thread

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
I don't see a thread on Devonte after his incredible game against Ole Miss. He richly deserves one. He now has the fifth most receiving yards in the country. Hard to believe that a receiver that good has been almost overlooked until now, but that speaks to how loaded our receiving corps is, and what an unselfish player he is. If we don't have a Biletnickoff winner for the second year in a row it will just be because Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith will each grab votes.

I would love it if one or two of those three guys come back next year, but I expect they'll all go to the Show, and I look forward to seeing their names all called the first day. And we'll still have Waddle, who I think will be the star of the next wave of great receivers.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Thank you for winning my workplace SEC-only fantasy league game this week. Joe Burrow was on a bye so I doubted I could milk-out enough points to win but just you and that other WR from THEM outscored my opponent.

But seriously, it was a fantastic experience to be in the stadium and see that domination from ostensibly our 3rd best WR.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This has been the desktop picture on my laptop for almost 2 years:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
They watched the tape and picked Jeudy and Ruggsy. But turns out Devonte is not chopped liver. With apologies to Meat Loaf, covering two out of three ain't bad, you can hold the third guy down to 270yd/5TD.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Through my crimson glasses, that’s the best picture in the entire history of football at any level.
I have a framed picture similar to this (it has a collage and this is one of the pics; another is Tua throwing) in my Bama themed exercise room.

Saban has a few framed pictures from the game outside his office, including one picture that focuses on the UGA crowd's faces/reactions. It is priceless.

I am so glad I got to attend that game to see this in person. I was sitting on the Georgia side about 10 rows up around the 40 yard line. (I sat on the Georgia side because I got a free ticket from a friend).

I hope Devonte stays next year when Jeudy and Ruggs most likely leave. That would leave Devonte, Waddle, Metchie, and some young guys to keep things going with Mac/Bryce/Lia?

Side note: I did not realize Mac Jones will graduate in December as a red shirt sophomore . That will definitely make things interesting for next season if Bryce wins the job.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I have a framed picture similar to this (it has a collage and this is one of the pics; another is Tua throwing) in my Bama themed exercise room.

Saban has a few framed pictures from the game outside his office, including one picture that focuses on the UGA crowd's faces/reactions. It is priceless.

I am so glad I got to attend that game to see this in person. I was sitting on the Georgia side about 10 rows up around the 40 yard line. (I sat on the Georgia side because I got a free ticket from a friend).

I hope Devonte stays next year when Jeudy and Ruggs most likely leave. That would leave Devonte, Waddle, Metchie, and some young guys to keep things going with Mac/Bryce/Lia?

Side note: I did not realize Mac Jones will graduate in December as a red shirt sophomore . That will definitely make things interesting for next season if Bryce wins the job.
I would expect Mac to transfer with two years remaining -- makes sense

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would expect Mac to transfer with two years remaining -- makes sense
Really depends on where he sees his future. If he wants to be a coach, why transfer? If he believes that he has NFL talent, he should stay and win the job. If he can't beat out a true freshman and two guys with almost no playing time, he isn't going to make an NFL roster.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Really depends on where he sees his future. If he wants to be a coach, why transfer? If he believes that he has NFL talent, he should stay and win the job. If he can't beat out a true freshman and two guys with almost no playing time, he isn't going to make an NFL roster.
Kyle Allen did and he’s now a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Enjoy Smitty while you can because he will get a big payday like the rest of them in the next draft. My take is Tagovailoa as your starting QB next season. His brother will be in the League.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Bryce Young will have something to say about that. I think that you're correct with all three WRs leaving...but having Waddle, Metchie, Shavers, Bolden, etc...plus the incoming class is a good starting point. But first...Let's have fun and watch history with this absolutely crazy group we have right now!!!

Enjoy Smitty while you can because he will get a big payday like the rest of them in the next draft. My take is Tagovailoa as your starting QB next season. His brother will be in the League.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.