Game Thread: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida) - Page 4
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Re: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida)

Well this is a hard one if we base it on the classy posters Bazza and AuDub.

Iíll preface my choice by saying I believe I cheered for Auburn once, but I was young and under the influence. Never touched that stuff again....so Go Gators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure which team has the better offense, at this point, but I think AU has the better defense. Defense wins this one.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Florida wins 21-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    I'm not sure which team has the better offense, at this point, but I think AU has the better defense. Defense wins this one.
    If you are going by the current NCAA stats...Auburn is ranked #36 in Total Offense and Florida is ranked #54.

Alabama is ranked #4, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

Of course, Auburn has played a tougher schedule than Florida, so you have to take that into account.
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

#1 defense against a freshman QB.

I’ll take the defense every time

Had Oregon not choked the game away, UF would be favored. One lucky pass is making all the difference right now

I see Sunshine on Saturday
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Second Team

Despite Auburn's perceived resume I'm not sold on them yet. I'm not sure how good Oregon or A&M really are and Miss St looked bad even before the kickoff like maybe the whole team had the flu all week or something and they looked terrible on both sides of the ball.

Having said that Florida won't win any beauty contests either. It should be a close defense dominated game so I'm going with Florida at home because I think they win the turnover battle.

I went up to Gainesville and saw the Florida Tennessee game which was Trask's first game starting. He is much better than Franks but he is not going to win games for the gators. I guess Jones just does not get the play book or he would be starting. The Gator defense is above average and Florida has some very good receivers. It's a game that is very difficult to call, but being at The Swamp sure helps. I'm pulling for the Bazzas.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I like the way you think, Design!

Speaking of Florida's defense.....I know "we haven't played anyone yet"...nevertheless....Florida is ranked #1 in the country in Total Defense, Red Zone Defense, and Interceptions. Ranked (tied for)#2 in Sacks...and Turnovers Gained. And ranked #5 in Scoring Defense.

I think having Trask at QB will continue to help us at D because the offense will stay on the field longer and stay more rested.

Again, Florida doesn't have the resume that Auburn does but I still think the stats above are impressive and say something.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/40
    Very impressive numbers. The sacks numbers are boosted by the 248 of them that Miami gave up in the first game. All kidding aside it's a classic Florida defense and they will need a good performance for Florida to win. I think they have the perimeter speed to deal with Auburn better than some do.

BamaNation Third Team

While I will root for Florida (born there and all my Mom’s family attended there), I think the Barn wins this one.��

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I think AU has the better team. I haven't been overly impressed with the Gators yet. I do think that Mullen will eventually get the Gators in a good place.
    Bama 941-320-44 73.7% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Ol' one bullet Barner Fife blows his big toe off. Legacy Bo knows an agile, hostile, mobile, fertile, versatile Florida D that will revile, style, beguile, compile and make me smile worthwhile. Bo knows running for his life and stars in a deep blue sky. Gators get all the MO. Bo, no MO. Gators 31- Barntopia 16.

BamaNation All-American CoachJeff's Avatar

Unless Bo Nix really regresses I see AU winning this one fairly easily.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Bo knows two steps back. Thru his 1st four games his passer rating(117+) was next to last in the SEC. He improved vs a crummy Clanga to 138+, 8th in the SEC. Trask is 4th at 178+. Bo's 1st true road game vs an actual SEC defense will be more than daddy's boy can handle. Call me unimpressed.