Game Thread: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wish people including Bama fans would lay off the kid. I'd hate to think at 18 I was getting labeled as a bad QB. While I relish Auburn losing, I don't take joy in deriding a kid. I don't think he will be a great QB, but he has the tools to be a solid game manager. His problem is probably as much his coach as it is his skills. Gus has proven he can not develop QB's.
I don't disagree. I think part of the ribbing he's getting is due to how the Barn tribe always thinks the next guy is going to be the next great guy. So I don't think it's a "personal" as it is a barner thing.

By all accounts, Nix is a good kid who will be a solid SEC QB IMO in time. But he's probably developing some bad habits (like Jalen Hurts) because he got put into the limelight a little too soon.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I have said the exact same thing at least 3 times in 2 separate threads. I don't know how Gus got the rep of being an offensive and QB guru, the only thing I can figure out is he was the OC Newton's only year on the plains. Hell anybody could have been the QB coach for Newton that year and won the Frank Broyles award.

Gus simply is not real intelligent, he doesn't understand the basics of quarterbacking, and yet the bigger problem is he doesn't know he doesn't know. I am sure there are a lot of folks who follow auburn football that would like to see him back home in Arkansas.
I've also heard Chizik say they didn't realize what they had in Cam for a while. :conf2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.