Game Thread: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s a tough one that may come down to a kicker. Pulling for UF but thinking Auburn is going to squeak it out like they usually do vs Florida.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Florida's D is talented but they have your typical Grantham problems: over-aggression leading to big plays and a general bout with poor tackling that comes and goes. Auburn seems well suited to hoodwinking defenses like that but they also have a young quarterback who may make some mistakes if hurried. I wanna go with the home team but I'm a long-timer on the "Grantham is an idiot" bandwagon.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Florida's D is talented but they have your typical Grantham problems: over-aggression leading to big plays and a general bout with poor tackling that comes and goes. Auburn seems well suited to hoodwinking defenses like that but they also have a young quarterback who may make some mistakes if hurried. I wanna go with the home team but I'm a long-timer on the "Grantham is an idiot" bandwagon.
Idiot on Defense VS Idiot on Offense......

Gus often out "hi-jinks" himself in games like this. Auburn's getting ALL the love -- The Gators are getting little respect..... I'm thinking this is the kind of game where UF "shocks the world" (edit: "shocks Lee County" and Greg McElroy) -- and beats the Bar Beagles....

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Read this somewhere of TF earlier...ESPN metrics, which apparently have been pretty spot on, have Aub as a .2 point favorite on a NEUTRAL field...Round to Fighting Bazzas...
Pulling for Florida (sorry AuDub) but I don't trust them (sorry Bazza).

Auburn probably wins, 24-21. Classic SEC showdown.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Appreciate the thread, folks!

A few quick items:

1) Auburn looks very good so far this year - especially Bo Nix at QB. Florida will have its work cut out for them and I wouldn't blame anyone for picking Auburn to get the win.

2) Regarding Florida....when assessing their season thus far - don't confuse the Florida with Franks at QB with the Florida with Trask at QB. Two completely different animals! Let that sink in....

3) Also - Florida has had some injuries in their defensive unit the last couple games - most notably Jabari Zuniga and C.J. Henderson - both of whom are expected to start on Saturday. Our defense has looked a little porous with these two players out and I expect an improvement come Saturday.

Your turn, Dub! :p

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

A few quick items:

1) Auburn looks very good so far this year - especially Bo Nix at QB. Florida will have its work cut out for them and I wouldn't blame anyone for picking Auburn to get the win.

2) Regarding Florida....when assessing their season thus far - don't confuse the Florida with Franks at QB with the Florida with Trask at QB. Two completely different animals! Let that sink in....

3) Also - Florida has had some injuries in their defensive unit the last couple games - most notably Jabari Zuniga and C.J. Henderson - both of whom are expected to start on Saturday. Our defense has looked a little porous with these two players out and I expect an improvement come Saturday.

Your turn, Dub! :p
Bazza, I have to agree with your analysis. Will be pulling for the Gators but don't see them overcoming that Auburn Defense.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I'm thinking the University of Auburn in a pixie-dust-ball-bouncing-off-a-helmet-into-the-receiver's-hands-for-the-winning-score kind of win, though AUDUB and his folks wouldn't care how they get the W. Maybe 28-27.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

A few quick items:

Exactly what I said in the off-season. Not to sound crass because it appeared to be a bad injury, but Franks injury was basically addition by subtraction...:cool2:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.