Game Thread: AUDub (Auburn) vs Bazza (Florida)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep... The 'I hate Gus' folks are gassing up the bus to leave town.
Nah, just got to beat either UGA or us, much less both, and all’s forgiven. Beat both and he gets a raise. And all that would include a loss to LSU to boot. Those two games have been, and probably always will be,the career maker/breaker at Auburn.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Jack him up and put in a QB.
Seriously we learned that Nix panic's when they start heavy pressure on him
He's a true freshman, though, so that's hardly a surprising revelation. Like I said earlier in the week, he was due to have a freshman performance, and a rocking swamp was as good a place for that to happen as any.

The good news is that 2 of our 3 big ones remaining on the schedule are at home. The bad news is that the other one is in red stick, and we've basically cashed in our mulligan.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
It might be fun to watch you try though
With apologies to Earle. I was a little salty yesterday afternoon lol.

Take, for instance, Schwartz leading up to the game. He acted like he had a personal beef all week with the Florida staff. Anyone with a brain knows that's crap. Yeah the Gators slow played him because they had guys higher up on their board, but the idea that the words "you're plan B" or "you're a speedster with no hands" ever left the mouth of a recruiter on Mullen's staff is pretty laughable. No recruiter burns bridges with criticism like that for a guy you may end up needing to fill out your class.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Nix isn’t ready. Even in the Oregon game, his success came mostly from Oregon’s lack of composure and game management. Gus did the kid no favors by consistently putting him in situations that a freshman qb should not be in.

Hi isn’t an elite talent. He’s more of a McElroy type kid. Give him a chance to make good decisions and don’t force him to try to be special this early in his career.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
With apologies to Earle. I was a little salty yesterday afternoon lol.

Take, for instance, Schwartz leading up to the game. He acted like he had a personal beef all week with the Florida staff. Anyone with a brain knows that's crap. Yeah the Gators slow played him because they had guys higher up on their board, but the idea that the words "you're plan B" or "you're a speedster with no hands" ever left the mouth of a recruiter on Mullen's staff is pretty laughable. No recruiter burns bridges with criticism like that for a guy you may end up needing to fill out your class.
So many athletes love to play the disrespect card. It's like they don't care about playing unless they can earn some respect. Perine mentioned the same things about AU's staff coming into the game and said it again after the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Highlights including a few select calls by Mick Hubert. As was expected, the game was largely determined by defense - and both defenses played very well. The difference in the game (IMHO) was the ability and experience of Trask vs. Nix which included aspects of offensive line protection as well.

The officiating was highly suspect - 3 calls in particular. The no-call on targeting, the overturn by "the booth" of the first down on the 46 yard line, and #55 getting a penalty for pulling a player off the pile - something you rarely see called.

Enjoy.....

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
Well, I was pulling for Florida, but thought Auburn would win by three. I was impressed with Florida’s backup QB. Seems like he has alive arm and could move pretty well. If Trask had been unable to return I think the Gators would have been fine.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I was so angry about that non-call on the targeting play. If we (Bama) have a player so much as look at somebody oddly Gary Danielson is screaming targeting. Last week there was a replay in the Bama-Ole Miss game and the announcers were carrying on about targeting against Bama...we had the ball!!! It was a penalty on Ole Miss, but GD was rambling on about targeting on Najee...It was borderline comical...Then this cat (booger eater)almost kills the UF RB w/a direct helmet to helmet and they don’t say a word!!! Even after the commercial break they let it go...then CDM tried to review it and they finally acknowledged the hit, but said it was the RBs fault for ducking his head! Boogs should have been down a player and UF should have kept the ball!!! Instead, UF lost a player and the fumble...ATROCIOUS!!!
Highlights including a few select calls by Mick Hubert. As was expected, the game was largely determined by defense - and both defenses played very well. The difference in the game (IMHO) was the ability and experience of Trask vs. Nix which included aspects of offensive line protection as well.

The officiating was highly suspect - 3 calls in particular. The no-call on targeting, the overturn by "the booth" of the first down on the 46 yard line, and #55 getting a penalty for pulling a player off the pile - something you rarely see called.

Enjoy.....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Enjoy.....

Congrats Bazza. Took them to the woodshed and it should not have been near as close as it was. Another big one this week.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well, I was pulling for Florida, but thought Auburn would win by three. I was impressed with Florida’s backup QB. Seems like he has alive arm and could move pretty well. If Trask had been unable to return I think the Gators would have been fine.
I was actually second guessing Mullen’s decision to put Trask back in after the injury. I thought Jones looked rather composed given being “thrown into the fire”.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree about Auburn. Florida with Trask getting better each week, you'll be suprised.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Trask was responsible for how many turnovers yesterday?

FL has a great defense, but their offense is a hot mess. They beat Auburn because Bo Nix was not ready for that kind of pressure. If they had played GA yesterday, they would have lost by 3-4 TDs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.