What are some of the worst sec radio announcers?

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
What are some of the worst announcers from sec teams? I think by far is the announcer from au (not sure of his name). Every play that doesn't go au's way he acts as if the refs are cheating or that there is a conspiracy against au. I was traveling during their last game and listened to as much of it as I could stand. Their announcer went off on something, maybe a fumble that wasn't called right away and you could tell Andy Burcham (RIP Rod) was almost like ok settle down they'll review it and get it right. When au makes a tackle, the announcer acts like au invented tackling. He is just way overboard. So glad he isn't ours, if he was I wouldn't listen to any of our radio broadcasts.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What are some of the worst announcers from sec teams? I think by far is the announcer from au (not sure of his name). Every play that doesn't go au's way he acts as if the refs are cheating or that there is a conspiracy against au. I was traveling during their last game and listened to as much of it as I could stand. Their announcer went off on something, maybe a fumble that wasn't called right away and you could tell Andy Burcham (RIP Rod) was almost like ok settle down they'll review it and get it right. When au makes a tackle, the announcer acts like au invented tackling. He is just way overboard. So glad he isn't ours, if he was I wouldn't listen to any of our radio broadcasts.
The only one I have ever heard is Eli and I’m not a huge fan of his.

Correction, I have heard the guy for Twelvessee. He was an improvement over John Ward, who I found annoying. (I used to live in Knoxville).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
Listened to an LSwho broadcast several years ago while travelling in my car and nothing else to do, and the announcers sounded like they were a couple dudes doing a local high school game. Rather pathetic.

As far as Eli is concerned, sometimes he can't get his listeners to "see the forest for the trees." Please, Eli, tell me how many yards were gained on the play or was it a catch or not. Sometimes I wonder if he gets paid by the number of words.:biggrin:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
As far as Eli is concerned, sometimes he can't get his listeners to "see the forest for the trees." Please, Eli, tell me how many yards were gained on the play or was it a catch or not. Sometimes I wonder if he gets paid by the number of words.:biggrin:
I agree with this. Eli on Saturdays has been a big part of life for decades, and his voice is every bit as iconic as Fyffe's or Rod's to me, but he has a major problem with telling but not necessarily showing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I can't recall specifics, but in general terms I like most. The ones that I cannot abide are those who are not descriptive enough or who do not provide enough detail for me to follow the game in my mind.

I dont mind homer radio broadcasters, but I don't care for those who make excuses for the poor play of their team by either suggesting that the other team is cheating or that the officials are in the bag for the other team. They should paint a picture of the game for us, not spout some of the other nonsense that we hear.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
That would be Stan White and yes, he is definitely the worst... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I agree with this. Eli on Saturdays has been a big part of life for decades, and his voice is every bit as iconic as Fyffe's or Rod's to me, but he has a major problem with telling but not necessarily showing.
I tuned in to check the score and had to endure listening to Fyffe for a good fifteen minutes before he finally shared it...

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I've biggest only heard the Barn's broadcasts besides Bama's. Stan White is awful, every thing that doesn't go their way he whines like a 4 year old.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.