News Article: Vol Player's Arrest Video Released

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
If you watch the entire video, which is difficult, you will realize that this guy(he's no kid) did more than make a stupid statement. It is an hour long expletive filled rant containing multiple derogatory statements toward LEO's, singing a song about murder, outright threats toward the officer (who showed amazing professionalism) and the female intern. He even stated next time he would run; not a sign of plan to change behavior. He is lucky they did not charge him with more. Disgusting individual who has no place on a college campus.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If an Alabama player had skipped a court appearance for driving with no license and had a warrant out on him because of it, I would greatly prefer that he pay the fine and get it over with than to go around making illegal u-turns with no license.

I would not fault a Bama coach for making the same suggestion Pruitt seems to have made...tell the player by all that's holy he should be arrested on the spot but if he will toe the line he can skip the trip to jail. Tell him to report to whoever in the morning and settle up for the warrant and everything else. If he doesn't show, drop the hammer.

It's a shame the player got frustrated and let the punk in him show. He should have known better and kept his mouth shut.
I'll bet he does now... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If you watch the entire video, which is difficult, you will realize that this guy(he's no kid) did more than make a stupid statement. It is an hour long expletive filled rant containing multiple derogatory statements toward LEO's, singing a song about murder, outright threats toward the officer (who showed amazing professionalism) and the female intern. He even stated next time he would run; not a sign of plan to change behavior. He is lucky they did not charge him with more. Disgusting individual who has no place on a college campus.
Hmmm, well he would be on his own if he said that... :rolleyes:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Disgusting behavior, without question.

Maybe the best thing for him is to be removed from that environment and be in one where discipline and hard work are how you achieve your goals, both on and off the field. Perhaps.

My thought here is this - I wonder if all the Bama athletes that have been arrested over the last decade or two have been angelic when tensions were high. Guess we'll never know as so few were recorded.

But this kid is no Joe Mixon - he said some awful stuff but they're just words. Let's not assume the only reasonable option is to toss him back to the streets of Memphis where this attitude was fostered in the first place.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Tennessee has dismissed Banks.
I would rather them offered him a "deal" that:

- Honored his scholarship so he could still pursue a degree
- Mandate he participated in some sort of mentoring/life coaching program that I'm sure the school offers
- He no longer participate in football until he reaches certain benchmarks both academically and behaviorally (probation type approach)

This way the kid isn't being kicked back out to the streets that helped him learn the behavior that got him kicked off the team. He would actually have a chance to become a better person. But I doubt this happens.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
I'm afraid that in the next five years there is a high chance that this young man will either be in prison for a serious crime and/or he will be dead. If that happens I will feel sorry for his momma and all the other good people in his life. I hope that he finds the help he needs and takes a better path.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.