2019 MLB playoffs thread

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I've seen a couple of headlines talking about potential rainouts today. Has anyone seen anything more specific?

edit - sounds like they're talking about tomorrow.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For all of those damn years of living with the infamous infield fly call, it would be the exact same thing happening but called differently when the Nats play the Cards.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well the Nats have an unreal advantage over the Yankees and Stros in that they can decide their rotation without fear of rest issues.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well the Nats have an unreal advantage over the Yankees and Stros in that they can decide their rotation without fear of rest issues.
I will be stunned if the Nats win more than 1 game in the WS.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Astros in 6 hopefully. If it goes to 7 the rotation doesn't favor the Stros. My guess at the starters

G1 Cole
G2 Verlander
G3 Grienke
G4 bullpen?
G5 Cole
G6 Verlander
G7 Grienke

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Stros in 7. I think Stras gets 2 wins and they pick up another one. This maybe the best World Series pitching duel of all time
1996 Braves/Yankees - Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Pettitte, Cone, Key, Wohlers, Wetteland, Rivera - to say nothing of the great righty/lefty matchup pitchers both teams had in the bullpen, or Rogers/Neagle/Avery

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1996 Braves/Yankees - Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Pettitte, Cone, Key, Wohlers, Wetteland, Rivera - to say nothing of the great righty/lefty matchup pitchers both teams had in the bullpen, or Rogers/Neagle/Avery
Eh. I actually think the addition of Rocket in the 1999 series had more star power out of the two Yanks-Braves WS, but that was more known for the spanking they put on us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Eh. I actually think the addition of Rocket in the 1999 series had more star power out of the two Yanks-Braves WS, but that was more known for the spanking they put on us.
Maybe - he replaced Jimmy Key, but Wetteland was gone. But my point is that this set of starting pitchers is not the best ever. Maybe top 10.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Maybe - he replaced Jimmy Key, but Wetteland was gone. But my point is that this set of starting pitchers is not the best ever. Maybe top 10.
1969 WS was pretty good. Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, and Nolan Ryan vs. Jim Palmer, Mike Cuellar, and Dave McNally. Tug McGraw was also on the Mets.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
As good as Strasburg and Scherzer are Cole and Verlander are better. OTOH, Greinke is usually a real issue in high pressure situations, though he's had some good starts. Astro's have a better bullpen. Having said all of that, you just never know how things will unfold in a 7 game series. IMO, Cole, Sanchez (8 of 9 "quality" postseason starts tho a couple were only 5 innings, giving up 2 or fewer earned runs in 6 games and 0 in 3, and Strasburg have been consistent big game pitchers, Verlander and Scherzer have been good but not quite as consistent and Greinke has usually melted but not always. IMO, this is one of the better starting pitching matchups of all time - probably top 5. (I've always loved Anibal Sanchez, fearless and one of the few finesse pitchers I would trust in the postseason - he would be my number 3, not Corbin who is good but has struggled in his short 5 game/2 start postseason career.)

Rendon is great, Soto seems to be a big time player but Houston's lineup is much better. Houston is truly a big time team but it's baseball, thus KC could take 2 out of 3 from them, so Wash can definitely take 4 of 7. But Houston should win in 5 or 6: Starting pitching is a little better (maybe grossly underrated Sanchez evens it out but Cole has been scary), lineup is much better, bullpen is much better, defense is much better, don't know about the benches. This is a truly great Houston team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.