Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
UT-K is the dumpster fire that just keeps on giving.

Here's hoping we put triple figures on them in a few weeks. JP chose his lot. Let him live with it.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
The opening sentence sets the tone:

"Throughout his career, Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer has earned the reputation as a relentless backstabber."

I would have gone with:

"Leaving a trail of slime wherever he goes, Coach Phillip M. ......."

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Two-n-ten-essee.

I feel (slightly) bad for Pruitt, but as he certainly knew better, he basically took the money and accepted the consequences. I would have done the same. He will be fine and will be back with Bama as a $35k defensive analyst before the end of the season.

Edit:

Wow - I read the article, I don't think I have ever read anything so direct and slanderous about a coaching/football personality.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

"Throughout his career, Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer has earned the reputation as a relentless backstabber."

I would have gone with:

Or

Leaving a trail of Bavarian cream filling and powdered sugar

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I would have gone with:

One of the best opening lines I have ever read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I went thru Knoxville Monday morning and came back Monday evening. Stopped and got gas once, ate twice. Went to Wal Mart. NOT ONE Tennessee cap or shirt. Not one. I was wearing my Bama cap. ROLL TIDE ROLL.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Two-n-ten-essee.

Edit:

Wow - I read the article, I don't think I have ever read anything so direct and slanderous about a coaching/football personality.
I read it too. And it reminds me of things said about Alabama following the departure of Bill Curry, and the scandal involving Mike DuBose, and the overnight desertion by Dennis Franchione, and the fall of Mike Price, and the sad 4 years of Mike Shula. Am I forgetting anyone? Anyway, the stories would mention names like Paul Bryany Jr, boards of trustee names, and former players speaking out. Glad that time has come and gone.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Two-n-ten-essee.
Nice one. But I wouldn’t bet the farm they win one more game.
Edit:

Actually it would be libel, not slander. Libel is written while slander is spoken. (Both begin with s).

And if what is written is the truth, it isn’t libel. Since he really is a backstabber, it wasn’t libel.

(And yes, Earle, I know public figures have a higher bar to cross for it to be libel).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The year is still young.
Tennessee can still get worse.
I re watch my favorite video... 'I Hate Tennessee' all the time to remind me of my true feelings.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.