2020 Prospect: 5* TE Arik Gilbert - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: 5* TE Arik Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Really hated to see that UGA got his last visit. Always felt it was an advantage to have the opportunity to make the last impression. Kirby may be a snake but he can flat recruit.
    I believe this will be Saban's payback for Clay Webb last year. Also hoping Jordan Burch will be Saban's payback to Dabo for Justyn Ross. Coach does not like someone coming into Alabama and taking our best players.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I believe this will be Saban's payback for Clay Webb last year. Also hoping Jordan Burch will be Saban's payback to Dabo for Justyn Ross. Coach does not like someone coming into Alabama and taking our best players.
    Webb eh we wanted him but not nearly as bad as Gilbert. UGA & BAMA made Gilbert #1 on their respective boards for TE (some have him #1 overall) Ross wanted Clemson and got his families wishes after telling bama he was coming. I still rather have Waddle though and extremely happy with who we have. I'm willing to bet our entire Wr core will play in the NFL. Shavers will get his chance next year and waddle will be a focal point.

He's announcing at 6PM EST @ the CFB HOF during the All-American Bowl Celebration...you can watch it here...https://www.youtube.com/11alive You may have to actually type in the link, but that's where it will be.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

ThumbsUp Re: 5* TE Arik Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    He's announcing at 6PM EST @ the CFB HOF during the All-American Bowl Celebration...you can watch it here...https://www.youtube.com/11alive You may have to actually type in the link, but that's where it will be.
    Thank you!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Thanks, came on here looking to see what the decision was....figured he had made the announcement at noon.

BamaNation Second Team Blindside17's Avatar

Is this guy a early enrollee???

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside17 View Post
    Is this guy a early enrollee???
    Yes

Sure hope he picks BAMA tonight! We need him! We can't let UGA get both him and Darnell Washington.

I read an article about him earlier today. It also had quotes from his mother. The article made it seem like UGA was the favorite because they started recruited him first 3.5 years ago, that he could stay at home and represent the state, etc.

His mom is an educator. She said she is letting him make the decision. She did say that Arik and the family will stick to the commitment and not change later or on signing day.

I wil try to watch it tonight ! Roll Tide!

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    Sure hope he picks BAMA tonight! We need him! We can't let UGA get both him and Darnell Washington.

I read an article about him earlier today. It also had quotes from his mother. The article made it seem like UGA was the favorite because they started recruited him first 3.5 years ago, that he could stay at home and represent the state, etc.

His mom is an educator. She said she is letting him make the decision. She did say that Arik and the family will stick to the commitment and not change later or on signing day.

I wil try to watch it tonight ! Roll Tide!
    I would be surprised if he pick any other school besides Alabama tonight.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

LSU????
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

LSU? The joke is on him.

Unbelievable !! What in the world? I guess we have no chance with Darnell Washington either. Who is next for Bama to pursue?

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    I would be surprised if he pick any other school besides Alabama tonight.
    speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!