2020 Prospect: 5* TE Arik Gilbert - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: 5* TE Arik Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    Has Darnell Washington been locked in at UGA or does Bama still have a chance?
    Everything that I have read says UGA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Everything that I have read says UGA.
    Is this like everything about Gilbert was saying Bama?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Is this like everything about Gilbert was saying Bama?
    LOL - too true.

BamaNation All-American

I suppose that’s it for TE in this cycle. Ol’ Yaw Yaw workin’ some of that Cajun juju, I reckon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

So what happens next? Will Saban continue to try and flip him?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Pretty clear that Gilbert was playing games. I just think that he has been hoodwinked.
    This everyone including his mom thought it was bama

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    So what happens next? Will Saban continue to try and flip him?
    I bet he will.... are there any other TE out there besides him and Washington to look at?

It just goes to show you that many recruits like the games and attention......wonder what kind of tales Yaw Yaw spun him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Yeah boy! Those CB experts are something else!
    When the majority of the best pickers have the same school, theyre all being fed the same info.

Either the player lies to multiple people, or he made a last minute switch.

Pretty clear what it was in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    When the majority of the best pickers have the same school, they’re all being fed the same info.

Either the player lies to multiple people, or he made a last minute switch.

Pretty clear what it was in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cha Ching
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

I don't know how to link the article right now, but there is a good article on Arik Gilbert on today's ESPN.com. It basically said he did not tell his parents or anyone but he knew about a month ago (I assume when he took his visit Oct 5) that he was going to LSU. He said knew the media was saying UGA or Bama and he just played along with that and tried to keep his decision to himself all these weeks.

I would still like to know if Saban had an idea of that over the past few weeks, or if Gilbert outright lied to Saban and said he was coming to Bama.

With LSU's new offense, Joe Brady, the atmosphere, etc, unfortunately I can see this happening more often for LSU. They have always had the talent on D.

Each year it will still be Bama, LSU, and Auburn in contention for the West, but it looks to be much more difficult these days.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I don't know how to link the article right now, but there is a good article on Arik Gilbert on today's ESPN.com. It basically said he did not tell his parents or anyone but he knew about a month ago (I assume when he took his visit Oct 5) that he was going to LSU. He said knew the media was saying UGA or Bama and he just played along with that and tried to keep his decision to himself all these weeks.

I would still like to know if Saban had an idea of that over the past few weeks, or if Gilbert outright lied to Saban and said he was coming to Bama.

With LSU's new offense, Joe Brady, the atmosphere, etc, unfortunately I can see this happening more often for LSU. They have always had the talent on D.

Each year it will still be Bama, LSU, and Auburn in contention for the West, but it looks to be much more difficult these days.
    Seems lately that many times recruits like the whole shock value thing......... Id rather them be honest rather than string someone along

BamaNation First Team

Can you say bag of cash? Something going on down south and it stinks bad. Starting to smell like Ole Miss a few years ago. Who in the heck would want to go down there? Apparently lots of great players that aren't from the bayou... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Seems lately that many times recruits like the whole shock value thing......... Id rather them be honest rather than string someone along
    In his interview after announcing he said that he told no one, and purposely let people believe that he was going to their schools. He said that he made up his mind over a month ago. IMO, as long as he didn't lie to Saban or the other coaching staffs, he can play that type of game with the fans. Really, it is only us nut jobs who follow this stuff year long who even notice. But if he lied to the coaches and told them that he was coming when he knew otherwise, that isn't cool and shows that you are better off without him.

Still don't know why he wouldn't tell his parents. I cannot imagine having that kind of relationship, or lack thereof, with my boys.
    Last edited by B1GTide; October 24th, 2019 at 09:11 AM.