2020 Prospect: 5* TE Arik Gilbert

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Clark is extremely undervalued by us as fans. He is one of the best blocking Te in the nation. He will imo get playing time just because of that reason. We have a great TE rn redshirting and will be a match up problem within 2 years. I agree that people can go other places but this situation reminds me of Tunsil with Ole Miss.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't know how to link the article right now, but there is a good article on Arik Gilbert on today's ESPN.com. It basically said he did not tell his parents or anyone but he knew about a month ago (I assume when he took his visit Oct 5) that he was going to LSU. He said knew the media was saying UGA or Bama and he just played along with that and tried to keep his decision to himself all these weeks.

I would still like to know if Saban had an idea of that over the past few weeks, or if Gilbert outright lied to Saban and said he was coming to Bama.

With LSU's new offense, Joe Brady, the atmosphere, etc, unfortunately I can see this happening more often for LSU. They have always had the talent on D.

Each year it will still be Bama, LSU, and Auburn in contention for the West, but it looks to be much more difficult these days.
So you are saying he a was a silent commitment to us?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Pretty shocked about this one. Kinda reminds me of the OL a few years ago who parents showed up in Bama gear and their son picked the Barn. Eventually, he changed and game to Bama IIRC.

I don't know about this one though. If he mislead CNS or any other coach, that's lowdown. I imagine LSU's QB situation is about like ours for next year in terms of uncertainty, but with our recent success with OJ and then with Irv Smith Jr. that this kid would want to be the next, great one. Oh well.
That was Cyrus. There was some Blackmail (literally) involved in that one... :cool2:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Pretty clear that Gilbert was playing games. I just think that he has been hoodwinked.
Hoodwinked by whom? That seems like an irresponsible statement. Are you saying the kid doesn't know his own mind? I read a post commit interview and he was very clear on why he picked LSU. He felt at home there.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Hoodwinked by whom? That seems like an irresponsible statement. Are you saying the kid doesn't know his own mind? I read a post commit interview and he was very clear on why he picked LSU. He felt at home there.
Evans still about to commit? Also, **** with that. Things are smelling foul on the bayou but you might not be able to see that because of Muschamp

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder if Saban has someone doing research or looking into the recruiting going on at LSU, especially if LSU flips any of our players. I know Bama has flipped many players everyone thought was going to LSU. I guess their new offense has drawn a lot of attention, but Bama's offense is just as good. Maybe the kids like Coach O better, or his personality? I know they have always had great recruiting. So has Bama. Looks like the SEC West will be between these 2 teams for awhile, as usual, but now more competitive.

I have read that some of the so called "experts" are wondering if something is up. Surely not, especially since they had that issue with the basketball program.. I don't know what is legal and illegal with recruiting or how the process works, or what team and coaches really do, so I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am just curious.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I wonder if Saban has someone doing research or looking into the recruiting going on at LSU, especially if LSU flips any of our players. I know Bama has flipped many players everyone thought was going to LSU. I guess their new offense has drawn a lot of attention, but Bama's offense is just as good. Maybe the kids like Coach O better, or his personality? I know they have always had great recruiting. So has Bama. Looks like the SEC West will be between these 2 teams for awhile, as usual, but now more competitive.

I have read that some of the so called "experts" are wondering if something is up. Surely not, especially since they had that issue with the basketball program.. I don't know what is legal and illegal with recruiting or how the process works, or what team and coaches really do, so I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am just curious.
I read something where one of their 5 star WRs is visiting Bama tomorrow...…………..be nice to flip him

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Irresponsible? LOL, yeah, go with that. I have no idea why he went with LSU, but neither do you.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
LSU is a hype machine right now. I would be more surprised that he didnt pick Georgia since the kid is from Marietta. But who knows? Consider the LB from the Mid Atlantic area that Bama signed last year..I won't use his name, but he signed with Bama and went through the Spring in T-town with some success...then just leaves. So who knows where Gilbert will actually be in 2 years? Wait and see. We one player at Bama (a DB) who signed with LSU but finished up at Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.