Ken Burns' "Country Music" series on PBS

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Outstanding stuff, methinks. Especially liked episodes One and Three. One, the beginnings of recorded country, hooked me with info on the Carter family and Jimmie Rodgers. Three, with a deep dive into Hank Williams, kept me glued for the whole episode.

Episode Seven resonated especially because of its focus on the "outlaw" movement led by Waylon, Willie, etc.

Thanks to the DVR i get to go back through and soak in a bit more info.

Anyone else hooked?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Outstanding stuff, methinks. Especially liked episodes One and Three. One, the beginnings of recorded country, hooked me with info on the Carter family and Jimmie Rodgers. Three, with a deep dive into Hank Williams, kept me glued for the whole episode.

Episode Seven resonated especially because of its focus on the "outlaw" movement led by Waylon, Willie, etc.

Thanks to the DVR I get to go back through and soak in a bit more info.

Anyone else hooked?
I watched the last two episodes only (#7 & #8) and they were fantastic!

Agree on the outlaw movement.

Lot of good stories I never knew about.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Outstanding documentary. Everything Ken Burns touches is excellent. He examined the very best of Country music. I came in midway through episode 1. Episodes 7 and 8 didn’t record because of inclimate weather so I’ll have to catch them next time around.

Patsy Cline had one of the most angelic voices ever.

My mother was from Nashville so as a kid we spent a lot of time there. One of the most interesting things to me was the pictures of old Nashville. The L&C building used to dominate the skyline. Now you have to look for it. I’ll always think Nashville is the best city in the South. It has changed dramatically in my lifetime.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.