Game Thread: NLDS Braves vs Cardinals (Best of 5)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Can the Braves get a run out of the bottom of their order - ever? They need one here.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't even recognize this sport anymore. The Braves have already used 7 pitchers and the Cards are getting up their 6th pitcher.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And now the Cards bring in their 7th pitcher. This is game one, not game 5. Pitching is pathetic in this sport today.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't even recognize this sport anymore. The Braves have already used 7 pitchers and the Cards are getting up their 6th pitcher.
The Royals in 2014 and 2015 changed the game. They had average at best starters that pitched 4 innings, great long relievers that pitched innings, and killer setup and closing pitchers that went the rest of the way. Like everything else, folks see something that works for one particular team and tries to do it when they shouldn't. The problem with us doing it is that we have about 3 relievers worth a darn. We really shouldve stayed with Fried

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
heading to the 9th. I figure you have to stay with melancon at this point since the pitcher's spot is up at the bottom.

Right now the biggest things that are preventing the Braves from having a save oppurtunity right now are:

-Acuna's bad base running in the 1st and 7th
- Snit playing platoon baseball when Fried was on fire
- Luke Jackson

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the Braves want to win in the playoffs, they are not going to do it with Snitker. He is too much like Bobby, and Bobby was the worst postseason manager in the history of the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The city is cursed for sports that matter.
They lost because of Bobby, not some "curse". He never understood that playoff games are more important than regular season games, and he never instilled the need to never waste an at bat in his players. He treated every game exactly the same way while the competition treated the games as if they were the last that they would ever play.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If the Braves want to win in the playoffs, they are not going to do it with Snitker.
I do put this particular game on Snit, but looking at it every dang manager except for Bochy would've pulled Fried as well. I think the bright side of this, is that Flaherty is susceptible to being scored on, and Folty can have good games. I think the Braves are the better team, but for whatever reason we always have these games when we play St Louis in October. We have bad umpires, bad announcers, and have managers trying to outdo themselves because they freak out in key situations.

I think right now the pressure is more on St Louis to winning with their ace tomorrow. If the Braves win tomorrow then it could be a tidal wave of momentum.

He is too much like Bobby, and Bobby was the worst postseason manager in the history of the game.
Practically every Washington Nationals manager known to man has be far more atrocious than Bobby.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They lost because of Bobby, not some "curse". He never understood that playoff games are more important than regular season games, and he never instilled the need to never waste an at bat in his players. He treated every game exactly the same way while the competition treated the games as if they were the last that they would ever play.
I think the "Buffalo Braves" label is overused and not very truthful. If Selma ever came to this thread then he would be better at it than me. Really the only choke job Bobby ever had was to the Padres and to the 1996 Yankees. All other times we lost it was either to an equal team or a far better team. Bobby over achieved with a team that Ted Turner never had the motivation to bring out the checkbook for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.