Game Thread: Jalen Hurts @ Kansas game thread

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Good post, OFD.

Yes, OU's offensive line play was poor. The Sooners don't have enough quality depth on that unit.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Jalen was asked in presser if he ws ready for the Red River Shootout; his response " I have played in the Iron Bowl; I'll be alright". Luv it

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Speaking of the Iron Bowl...I'm curious, has the change from a neutral site at Legion Field to a home/home made any appreciable difference in the game day atmosphere and intensity? There are always folks on this end calling for the OU vs Texas game to be home/home primarily for economic reasons. Most, however, love the neutral site, stadium half &,half, state fair of Texas ambience.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Good post, OFD.

Yes, OU's offensive line play was poor. The Sooners don't have enough quality depth on that unit.
Actually, we do have a lot of quality depth with the O-line unit but it's all young. When you graduate almost the entire unit you must have 8 ready and that's a tall order for any program. Except for WR, we probably have more quality depth in the O-line than any other unit but building cohesion in any O-line is not accomplished over night.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
One other comment about Kansas...I am a big believer in game day mentality when it comes to college players. Yes, I do believe that the Tide was not as focused as usual when we played in the Sugar Bowl. That Auburn debacle left lasting scars. The KU stadium wasn't even 1/2 full. I've seen Texas H.S. games with much bigger crowds. The entire atmosphere was not conducive to a high level of emotion and execution. Now, if we play like that this Sat. I will be concerned.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Speaking of the Iron Bowl...I'm curious, has the change from a neutral site at Legion Field to a home/home made any appreciable difference in the game day atmosphere and intensity? There are always folks on this end calling for the OU vs Texas game to be home/home primarily for economic reasons. Most, however, love the neutral site, stadium half &,half, state fair of Texas ambience.
It altered the feel of the game forever. It's just another home and home now, with more intense emotions, because of the 365 rivalry between the schools in state, but 50/50 engenders a different atmosphere...

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Heisman winning OU quarterbacks are 0-5 this century in college football playoffs and national championship games.

Jason White Boy 0-1
Bam Bradford 0-1
Acre Hayfield 0-2
Scooter McMurray 0-1
The opportunity to play for all the marbles, win or lose, is multiplied by the fact that we have had so many H.T. winners play in such games. There is no shame in playing and losing.

The opportunity to play for all the marbles, win or lose, is multiplied by the fact that we have had so many H.T. winners play in such games. There is no shame in playing and losing.

That may be the homer/moral victory viewpoint. The SEC viewpoint is that the teams and QB's are highly overrated due to playing in the BIGweneed12or13 on the field to play defense league. 0-6 speaks for itself.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Actually, we do have a lot of quality depth with the O-line unit but it's all young. When you graduate almost the entire unit you must have 8 ready and that's a tall order for any program. Except for WR, we probably have more quality depth in the O-line than any other unit but building cohesion in any O-line is not accomplished over night.
Perhaps I should have said, "The Sooners don't have enough quality experienced depth on that unit."

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
That may be the homer/moral victory viewpoint. The SEC viewpoint is that the teams and QB's are highly overrated due to playing in the BIGweneed12or13 on the field to play defense league. 0-6 speaks for itself.
You apparently didnt follow the Big 12 closely in the first decade of the 2000's. There was a lot of stellar D played across the board. Jason White played as damaged goods in both NC games because of ACL surgery on both knees. He was a shell of his former self. The HT is no guarantee of ultimate team success. Tommy Macdonald and Jerry Tubbs split the vote the year Paul Horning won on a 2 win ND team. We've won all our NC's w/o a HT QB and so have you. Finally, it seems pretty childish to bastardize their names. These were all great college QB's.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
It altered the feel of the game forever. It's just another home and home now, with more intense emotions, because of the 365 rivalry between the schools in state, but 50/50 engenders a different atmosphere...
It was always special to get to your seat in Legion Field an hour before kick-off amidst about 15,000 Bama fans trying to out 'Roll Tide' about 15,000 Auburn fans screaming ' War Eagle' Absolutely electric atmosphere it was.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.