Game Thread: Jalen Hurts @ Kansas game thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Re: Jalen Hurts @ Kansas game thread

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I agree. I think Jalen is a very solid QB, but his vision and accuracy aren't even in the same ballpark with Tua. He has a solid arm and great wheels and is one heck of a competitor, but he isn't Tua. Then again, there aren't any who are in Tua's class.
    Fixed that for you.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

Some thoughts about the KU game: for some reason weather delays seem to affect us. We never went back to the locker room after warmups because of the uncertain start time. Both our starting O-tackles were out. OU fans will tell you that Riley gets Mike Leach squirrely every game. During his presser after the game a toilet flushed as he was answering a question and he said...that's what we should have done with my play calling. Believe it or not our D is much improved. KU beat BC on the road this year. Now, don't get me wrong, they are still bad but we simply looked like we were thinking about Texas. Hurts is a very good QB and Riley will make it work but he is no Mayfield or Murray and he is no Tua. He is good enough to lead us to a 5th conference championship but it remains to be seen whether he can get us over the playoff hump.

BamaNation Second Team

Good post, OFD.

Yes, OU's offensive line play was poor. The Sooners don't have enough quality depth on that unit.

BamaNation All-SEC

Jalen was asked in presser if he ws ready for the Red River Shootout; his response " I have played in the Iron Bowl; I'll be alright". Luv it

Speaking of the Iron Bowl...I'm curious, has the change from a neutral site at Legion Field to a home/home made any appreciable difference in the game day atmosphere and intensity? There are always folks on this end calling for the OU vs Texas game to be home/home primarily for economic reasons. Most, however, love the neutral site, stadium half &,half, state fair of Texas ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
    Good post, OFD.

Yes, OU's offensive line play was poor. The Sooners don't have enough quality depth on that unit.
    Actually, we do have a lot of quality depth with the O-line unit but it's all young. When you graduate almost the entire unit you must have 8 ready and that's a tall order for any program. Except for WR, we probably have more quality depth in the O-line than any other unit but building cohesion in any O-line is not accomplished over night.

One other comment about Kansas...I am a big believer in game day mentality when it comes to college players. Yes, I do believe that the Tide was not as focused as usual when we played in the Sugar Bowl. That Auburn debacle left lasting scars. The KU stadium wasn't even 1/2 full. I've seen Texas H.S. games with much bigger crowds. The entire atmosphere was not conducive to a high level of emotion and execution. Now, if we play like that this Sat. I will be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Jalen was asked in presser if he ws ready for the Red River Shootout; his response " I have played in the Iron Bowl; I'll be alright". Luv it
    well, i hope he plays better than he did in the 2017 iron bowl
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Heisman winning OU quarterbacks are 0-5 this century in college football playoffs and national championship games.

Jason White Boy 0-1
    Bam Bradford 0-1
    Acre Hayfield 0-2
    Scooter McMurray 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    Speaking of the Iron Bowl...I'm curious, has the change from a neutral site at Legion Field to a home/home made any appreciable difference in the game day atmosphere and intensity? There are always folks on this end calling for the OU vs Texas game to be home/home primarily for economic reasons. Most, however, love the neutral site, stadium half &,half, state fair of Texas ambience.
    It altered the feel of the game forever. It's just another home and home now, with more intense emotions, because of the 365 rivalry between the schools in state, but 50/50 engenders a different atmosphere...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamaBeno View Post
    Heisman winning OU quarterbacks are 0-5 this century in college football playoffs and national championship games.

Jason White Boy 0-1
    Bam Bradford 0-1
    Acre Hayfield 0-2
    Scooter McMurray 0-1
    The opportunity to play for all the marbles, win or lose, is multiplied by the fact that we have had so many H.T. winners play in such games. There is no shame in playing and losing.

BamaNation Second Team
    Crystal Cove,which is west of Montgomery on the Alabama River near Prairie Creek Campground.

Correction 0-6

Jason White was the losing QB in 2003 and 2004.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    The opportunity to play for all the marbles, win or lose, is multiplied by the fact that we have had so many H.T. winners play in such games. There is no shame in playing and losing.

That may be the homer/moral victory viewpoint. The SEC viewpoint is that the teams and QB's are highly overrated due to playing in the BIGweneed12or13 on the field to play defense league. 0-6 speaks for itself.