Question: Who is your Top 6 after Week 6? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Who is your Top 6 after Week 6?

1. tOSU - they have played nobody, but have looked good doing it. They will not play anybody for 3 weeks.
    2. Alabama - Offense looks great.
    3. L8U - Offense has looked good, defense has looked bad
    4. Oklahoma - Offense has looked great, defense is easily the worst in the top 6.
    5. uga - I still believe they will lose a regular season game
    6. clempson - something is off with this team and they will lose a game

others considered
    7. Florida - defense is really good
    8. Wisky - their running game is really good
    9. Penn State - they are the current forgotten team
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    For all of you Alabama fans that are putting Ohio State #1, do you really think they are better than us right now? Ie, should they be favored over us if we played this week?

I don't understand why some many people are "resume is the only thing that matters" these days. If you think one team is better than the other, rank them that way.
    I think they are the best team in the country right now, so yes, I guess that means I think they are better. Their defense is playing very well. Ours is not, even against bad offenses. I think our offense is a lot better than theirs though. In a hypothetical match up today, I think its a toss up.

I think LSU's offense is right with ours, though they haven't played a defense yet (that will obviously change next weekend). Our offense has a history going beyond this year, so I'm confident ours is better, but you can't ignore what they've done so far. LSU's defense is a huge unknown. They've played horrible some weeks, and good some others. But to me they are solidly in the top 4 right now.

It gets murky for me after that. I'm not sold on Georgia. Something is off with that team and I think it's going to bite them sooner or later. I think Oklahoma, with the Jalen factor, would beat Georgia right now. So I rank them 4th.

Florida has proven more to me than Clemson or Wisconsin, so they get the nod over those two. Were I to rank Wisconsin and Clemson, I'd have the Badgers 7 and Clemson at 8. A good team would destroy Clemson right now. They just look like a team that is fat, happy, and satisfied.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    1. Ohio State
    2. Alabama
    3. LSU
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Georgia
    6. Florida
    Thanks for saving me re-typing this, although I might flip UGA and OU
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team

Georgia
    Bama
    Wisconsin
    OSU
    Ok
    Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    For all of you Alabama fans that are putting Ohio State #1, do you really think they are better than us right now? Ie, should they be favored over us if we played this week?

I don't understand why some many people are "resume is the only thing that matters" these days. If you think one team is better than the other, rank them that way.
    Yes, I do think tOSU would beat us if we played today. tOSU plays Wisconsin 10/26 in Madison which will be its and Wisconsin's first test. I fully expect the Buckeyes to win that game. Until our defense comes together we will be vulnerable against, TAMU, LSU and Auburn.
    Last edited by GrayTide; October 6th, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Ohio State
    Georgia
    LSU
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Wisconsin
    Last edited by deliveryman35; October 6th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

These early games really only identify the pretenders. If you can't beat the teams that you are supposed to beat, you get eliminated. We will start to see who really belongs at the top soon. For now:

Alabama/Ohio State
    LSU
    Wisconsin
    Georgia
    Sooners

Even with their win over Auburn, FL misses my top six. Without a reliable QB, they are not going to beat the teams who have solid QBs, and they face a few in the coming weeks.

You serious, Clark?
    Quote Originally Posted by tidefan82 View Post
    Georgia
    Bama
    Wisconsin
    OSU
    Ok
    Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Yes, I do think tOSU would beat us if we played today. tOSU plays Wisconsin soon in Madison which will be its and Wisconsin's first test. I fully expect the Buckeyes to win that game. Until our defense comes together we will be vulnerable against, TAMU, LSU and Auburn.
    Haven't watched tOSU except highlights but agree with you that Bama has to defend better against a running QB or it will be a long game against TAMU.

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Haven't watched tOSU except highlights but agree with you that Bama has to defend better against a running QB or it will be a long game against TAMU.
    Ole Miss's true freshman QB gave us fits running and if IIRC he had over 100 yards rushing against our defense. Mond is a much better passer and a pretty good runner too plus TAMU is certainly a superior team to Ole Miss on both sides of the ball. Unless our defense improves dramatically I am not sure the offense alone can get us into the playoffs.

Florida's defense will keep them in their games with LSU and UGA, but not sure their offense can put up enough points to win either of those games. It will interesting to see how Oklahoma fares in their first test of the season this coming Saturday against Texas in Dallas.
    Last edited by GrayTide; October 6th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Ole Miss's true freshman QB gave us fits running and if IIRC he had over 100 yards rushing against our defense. Mond is a much better passer and a pretty good runner too plus TAMU is certainly a superior team to Ole Miss on both sides of the ball. Unless our defense improves dramatically I am not sure the offense alone can get us into the playoffs.

Florida's defense will keep them in their games with LSU and UGA, but not sure their offense can put up enough points to win either of those games. It will interesting to see how Oklahoma fares in their first test of the season this coming Saturday against Texas in Dallas.
    I have been a strong Jalen supporter but must admit that yesterday he appeared to slide back into some of the issues he had at Alabama. IMO the Oklahoma defense will need to have a strong performance against Texas but we will see on the field soon enough. We could probably say the same about Bama at TAMU as well.