Meeting the enemies...in Quebec city !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Meeting the enemies...in Quebec city !

I know for you guys, it happens every day but for me who lives 1 500 miles away from Tuscaloosa and who’s living in a city where hockey is everything, meeting an LSU football fan and a Vols fan in Quebec city is unlikey.

I was in the Old Quebec city in august when I saw a girl with an LSU shirt. I went beside her and I ask her in french : tu as étudié à LSU (you went to LSU ?). She looked at me. Didn’t understand a word of what I was saying. So I decided to ask the question in english. She told me, yea of course. How come a French Canadian know LSU ? I looked at her and told her : Roll Tide !!! You should have seen her face 😊 She always wanted to visit Quebec city. She decided to spend a week of vacation alone in our beautiful city. We started to talk about college football…and finally spend five days together !!! A week after she went back to New Orleans, I received a package from her with a note. It was an LSU shirt and it was written Geaux Tigers on the note !!! I had a great time with her. We’re still in touch. She wants me to go to Baton Rouge to watch her beloved Tigers 😊 I told her that I was going to see a real good team in BDS before going to Death Valley

I’m in a running club. I’m a long distance runner. A month ago, I hear this young guy speaking english with my friends between our 2000 meters reps. I ask him where he’s from. He said Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He's doing a master degree in chemical engineering at Laval University and he's graduated from the University of Tennessee I told him that I was a huge Bama fan. Obvioulsy, he was surprised to learn between our reps that a 47 years old guy from Quebec city was a Bama fan. The kid who has a great sense of humour looked at me and said : We’re done. I’m not talking to you anymore 😊 Since that day, we’re doing our training together. He’s a Vols fan but he’s a nice kid. He’s doing his master degree in French. He learned french in four months We have a marathon on October 20th. To celebrate the end of our training, we’re planning to watch a few college games with a lot of beers on October 26th !

So that was my stories about meeting the enemies in Quebec city 😊 I wanted to share those stories with you guys !

RTR !

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Re: Meeting the enemies...in Quebec city !

Nice stories. Is the girl hawt?
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation All-American

So long as it wasn't Justin Trudeau in All Bran face I'm fine with your consorting...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nice stories. Is the girl hawt?
    Yep ! Pretty hawt ! That why I decided to give her a private guided tour for five days ;-)

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Great stuff and thanks for posting! You know, there is a pretty big game coming up at Bryant Denny against the corndogs. It is also the TideFans meetup and probably a night game. If I were you I'd meet hottie in T-Town for the game and witness an amazing event with lots of great Bama Fans.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Right back at you Fred, Daniel and everyone else. 143

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bama in Quebec View Post
    I know for you guys, it happens every day but for me who lives 1 500 miles away from Tuscaloosa and who’s living in a city where hockey is everything, meeting an LSU football fan and a Vols fan in Quebec city is unlikey.

I was in the Old Quebec city in august when I saw a girl with an LSU shirt. I went beside her and I ask her in french : tu as étudié à LSU (you went to LSU ?). She looked at me. Didn’t understand a word of what I was saying. So I decided to ask the question in english. She told me, yea of course. How come a French Canadian know LSU ? I looked at her and told her : Roll Tide !!! You should have seen her face  She always wanted to visit Quebec city. She decided to spend a week of vacation alone in our beautiful city. We started to talk about college football…and finally spend five days together !!! A week after she went back to New Orleans, I received a package from her with a note. It was an LSU shirt and it was written Geaux Tigers on the note !!! I had a great time with her. We’re still in touch. She wants me to go to Baton Rouge to watch her beloved Tigers  I told her that I was going to see a real good team in BDS before going to Death Valley

I’m in a running club. I’m a long distance runner. A month ago, I hear this young guy speaking english with my friends between our 2000 meters reps. I ask him where he’s from. He said Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He's doing a master degree in chemical engineering at Laval University and he's graduated from the University of Tennessee I told him that I was a huge Bama fan. Obvioulsy, he was surprised to learn between our reps that a 47 years old guy from Quebec city was a Bama fan. The kid who has a great sense of humour looked at me and said : We’re done. I’m not talking to you anymore  Since that day, we’re doing our training together. He’s a Vols fan but he’s a nice kid. He’s doing his master degree in French. He learned french in four months We have a marathon on October 20th. To celebrate the end of our training, we’re planning to watch a few college games with a lot of beers on October 26th !

So that was my stories about meeting the enemies in Quebec city  I wanted to share those stories with you guys !

RTR !
    Great story. You never know where you'll meet a Bama fan or other SEC team fan.

Yep ! Pretty hawt ! That why I decided to give her a private guided tour for five days ;-)
    I sorta figured that. This thread is worthless without pix!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Thanks for the story! Roll Tide!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I sorta figured that. This thread is worthless without pix!
    You're so right. I thought about giving you a pix of the LSU chick ! I'm not sure she would be very happy to see her cute face on a Bama forum fans

BamaNation First Team

She won't see it and …..we will NEVER tell !
    Last edited by Bubbaloo; October 7th, 2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Slow key board

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Love old Quebec City. Haven't been there in over 20 years but my wife spent 5 days, stayed in the Chateau de Frontenac, wonderful hotel.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

You're so right. I thought about giving you a pix of the LSU chick ! I'm not sure she would be very happy to see her cute face on a Bama forum fans
    We don't need to see it - and coming from me - that statement carries a LOT of cred!

Thanks for sharing BiQ - I've always said some of the best stories in college football happen off the field!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Hmmmm. Hawt LSU Coed traveling alone in Quebec?

“Dear Penthouse forum......it started with a simple ‘Roll Tide’ and ended with ‘geaux tiger’. “

Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung