Meeting the enemies...in Quebec city !

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
I know for you guys, it happens every day but for me who lives 1 500 miles away from Tuscaloosa and who’s living in a city where hockey is everything, meeting an LSU football fan and a Vols fan in Quebec city is unlikey.

I was in the Old Quebec city in august when I saw a girl with an LSU shirt. I went beside her and I ask her in french : tu as étudié à LSU (you went to LSU ?). She looked at me. Didn’t understand a word of what I was saying. So I decided to ask the question in english. She told me, yea of course. How come a French Canadian know LSU ? I looked at her and told her : Roll Tide !!! :biggrin2: You should have seen her face 😊 She always wanted to visit Quebec city. She decided to spend a week of vacation alone in our beautiful city. We started to talk about college football…and finally spend five days together !!! A week after she went back to New Orleans, I received a package from her with a note. It was an LSU shirt and it was written Geaux Tigers on the note !!! I had a great time with her. We’re still in touch. She wants me to go to Baton Rouge to watch her beloved Tigers 😊 I told her that I was going to see a real good team in BDS before going to Death Valley :biggrin:

I’m in a running club. I’m a long distance runner. A month ago, I hear this young guy speaking english with my friends between our 2000 meters reps. I ask him where he’s from. He said Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He's doing a master degree in chemical engineering at Laval University and he's graduated from the University of Tennessee :rolleye2: I told him that I was a huge Bama fan. Obvioulsy, he was surprised to learn between our reps that a 47 years old guy from Quebec city was a Bama fan. The kid who has a great sense of humour looked at me and said : We’re done. I’m not talking to you anymore 😊 Since that day, we’re doing our training together. He’s a Vols fan but he’s a nice kid. He’s doing his master degree in French. He learned french in four months :eek: We have a marathon on October 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. To celebrate the end of our training, we’re planning to watch a few college games with a lot of beers on October 26[SUP]th[/SUP] !

So that was my stories about meeting the enemies in Quebec city 😊 I wanted to share those stories with you guys !

RTR !

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
So long as it wasn't Justin Trudeau in All Bran face I'm fine with your consorting...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great stuff and thanks for posting! You know, there is a pretty big game coming up at Bryant Denny against the corndogs. It is also the TideFans meetup and probably a night game. If I were you I'd meet hottie in T-Town for the game and witness an amazing event with lots of great Bama Fans.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I know for you guys, it happens every day but for me who lives 1 500 miles away from Tuscaloosa and who’s living in a city where hockey is everything, meeting an LSU football fan and a Vols fan in Quebec city is unlikey.

I was in the Old Quebec city in august when I saw a girl with an LSU shirt. I went beside her and I ask her in french : tu as étudié à LSU (you went to LSU ?). She looked at me. Didn’t understand a word of what I was saying. So I decided to ask the question in english. She told me, yea of course. How come a French Canadian know LSU ? I looked at her and told her : Roll Tide !!! :biggrin2: You should have seen her face  She always wanted to visit Quebec city. She decided to spend a week of vacation alone in our beautiful city. We started to talk about college football…and finally spend five days together !!! A week after she went back to New Orleans, I received a package from her with a note. It was an LSU shirt and it was written Geaux Tigers on the note !!! I had a great time with her. We’re still in touch. She wants me to go to Baton Rouge to watch her beloved Tigers  I told her that I was going to see a real good team in BDS before going to Death Valley :biggrin:

I’m in a running club. I’m a long distance runner. A month ago, I hear this young guy speaking english with my friends between our 2000 meters reps. I ask him where he’s from. He said Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He's doing a master degree in chemical engineering at Laval University and he's graduated from the University of Tennessee :rolleye2: I told him that I was a huge Bama fan. Obvioulsy, he was surprised to learn between our reps that a 47 years old guy from Quebec city was a Bama fan. The kid who has a great sense of humour looked at me and said : We’re done. I’m not talking to you anymore  Since that day, we’re doing our training together. He’s a Vols fan but he’s a nice kid. He’s doing his master degree in French. He learned french in four months :eek: We have a marathon on October 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. To celebrate the end of our training, we’re planning to watch a few college games with a lot of beers on October 26[SUP]th[/SUP] !

So that was my stories about meeting the enemies in Quebec city  I wanted to share those stories with you guys !

RTR !
Great story. You never know where you'll meet a Bama fan or other SEC team fan.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You're so right. I thought about giving you a pix of the LSU chick ! I'm not sure she would be very happy to see her cute face on a Bama forum fans :wink:
We don't need to see it - and coming from me - that statement carries a LOT of cred! :p

Thanks for sharing BiQ - I've always said some of the best stories in college football happen off the field!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hmmmm. Hawt LSU Coed traveling alone in Quebec?

“Dear Penthouse forum......it started with a simple ‘Roll Tide’ and ended with ‘geaux tiger’. “

;)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
GREAT STORY!

Seeing other SEC fans in far-flung places is always fun.

Nearly 20 years ago, my wife and I were spending Christmas in Budapest and Vienna. We had gone to hear the Vienna Choir Boys do their Christmas concert in their home cathederal. It was awesome. Then we proceeded to the Vienna train station to catch the train to Budapest. While we were waiting my wife spotted a dude with possibly the gaudiest / tackiest Awburn coat we had ever seen standing with his family. After thinking of what I could say, I walked over and said, "Couldn't help but notice your Awburn coat from across the train station!" He got a big smile until I then said, "So, I came over to tell you ... ROLL TIDE!" We both got a good laugh and between his parents and sister who were there with him and me and my wife, we had degrees of some sort from 10 of the (then) 12 SEC schools. It was a cool meeting and is a favorite memory.

When living in NYC, we were active in the SEC Alumni group. That group was featured in the WSJ a few years ago for their passion throughout the city on gamedays and their semi-frequent gatherings together throughout the year.

Last edited:

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
GREAT STORY!

Seeing other SEC fans in far-flung places is always fun.

Nearly 20 years ago, my wife and I were spending Christmas in Budapest and Vienna. We had gone to hear the Vienna Choir Boys do their Christmas concert in their home cathederal. It was awesome. Then we proceeded to the Vienna train station to catch the train to Budapest. While we were waiting my wife spotted a dude with possibly the gaudiest / tackiest Awburn coat we had ever seen standing with his family. After thinking of what I could say, I walked over and said, "Couldn't help but notice your Awburn coat from across the train station!" He got a big smile until I then said, "So, I came over to tell you ... ROLL TIDE!" We both got a good laugh and between his parents and sister who were there with him and me and my wife, we had degrees of some sort from 10 of the (then) 12 SEC schools. It was a cool meeting and is a favorite memory.

When living in NYC, we were active in the SEC Alumni group. That group was featured in the WSJ a few years ago for their passion throughout the city on gamedays and their semi-frequent gatherings together throughout the year.
My oldest one is studying for a semester at the law school of the Université de Paris. I'm going to see her for a week in mid-november not in Paris but in Vienna. I decided to rent a car. We're going to visit Budapest too !! What a coincidence !!! Did you like both cities ? I might meet some SEC fans during my vacations ;-)

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
Love old Quebec City. Haven't been there in over 20 years but my wife spent 5 days, stayed in the Chateau de Frontenac, wonderful hotel.
Quebec city is gorgeous. I travelled a lot and I really think Quebec city is one of the most beautiful city in North America. Chateau Frontenac is a 5 stars hotel. Beautiful hotel with a beautiful view on the St.Lawrence river !! Let me know if you come to Quebec city, I'll show you around but without the extras that I gave to the LSU girl :biggrin:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My oldest one is studying for a semester at the law school of the Université de Paris. I'm going to see her for a week in mid-november not in Paris but in Vienna. I decided to rent a car. We're going to visit Budapest too !! What a coincidence !!! Did you like both cities ? I might meet some SEC fans during my vacations ;-)
LOVED both. It was about -394F degrees in Budapest when we arrived :D The river was frozen over but our view looked something like below (we had the top room in the hotel b/c of all my work-related travel was always staying in a Marriott so I had a bazillion points & nights) It really was about -35F, and even less when wind chill is considered, when we were there for the first couple of days so we didn't venture out much but on 3rd day we walked over to the palace and toured it and the surrounding areas.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Took our girls there about 10 years ago. Flew into Buffalo -- then rented a van and drove to Toronto (2 days), Montreal (2 days) and Quebec City (3 days) -- and we absolutely loved it.

We stayed in a rental in the old city -- in the walled part of the city. Visited Frontenac -- and loved it. We picked fresh raspberries at a roadside farm.....ate Poutine at a French Fry Bus....loved the Montreal underground.....

The kids still talk about it -- 10 years later....

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
It wasn't a meeting with the enemy, but I was in Tokyo many years ago and saw a young woman wearing a crimson sweatshirt with BAMA printed on the front. I stopped her and asked if she had ever been to Alabama. She seemed confused as to why I would ask, so I explained what the word on the front of her sweatshirt meant. She said she had bought the sweatshirt because it was "American." Now that she knew what it stood for, she was thrilled. She was cute, but it didn't turn into a five day tour of the city.

I found it ironic that the younger generation liked American things, while the older generations still hated us for our opposition in WWII. It made for interesting times in Japan, to say the least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.