Game Thread: NLDS: Atlanta Braves @ St Louis Cardinals Game 4 (Best of 5: ATL leads 2-1)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
“Nice grab by the fan down the right field line from Stone Mountain....”

"Tonight's home run cash winner should the Braves homer this inning is Betty Haney, who lives in a post office box in Decatur."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The last time the Braves won a post-season series, Tom Brady was starting his third game for the Patriots, Tua was 3 years old, Dennis Franchione was coaching Alabama, and Cal Ripken had just retired.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I think I might move Duvall up to the 4 spot and Swanson to 5 spot to get some hot bats in those spots. And move Freeman to 6 and Donaldson to 7. Who cares if it hurts their feelings or their egos.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have a better feeling about game 5 than I did for today.

Folty has a lot more rest than Keuchel did, and our hitters are going to be at home that doesn’t have a weird situation with the sun.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I just question somewhat how we used the bullpen today. Sometimes you just have to say “I think my guy is throwing well enough to get them out. Period. Regardless of whether it is a righty or a lefty.”

We pulled both Newcome and Tomlin after some “stress free” innings because of match ups. I understand managing by the book, but the book isn’t always right.

Especially knowing you weren’t using Fried or Melancon out of the pen today.

Then again our pitching didn’t lose this game. Our inability to get runners over and in during key situations did.

I guess that’s why they make the big bucks and I’m sitting on my couch at home.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Freeman is absolutely killing the team - he hasn't just fallen, he's fallen flat on his face. Hate it because he is a great guy and a good hitter. Glad he has another chance to come through. Acuna is awesome. Albies, Duvall and Swanson have helped a lot.

Molina has always been clutch, even before he could hit at all. He is truly amazing.

Acuna 8-16 with 5 extra base hits and 3 walks. Doubles and triples aren't enough to get him home, no one can even hit a sac fly, much less get a hit. 1500+ OPS. I know, game 1...

Foltynewicz has been lights out for a while. Don't know what his mental/emotional makeup is.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think if we end up losing then Game 1 will haunt Braves fans for years. It should’ve been a 3 game sweep.

Wednesday we need to jump on Flathery early because I think Wainwright won’t be far behind if things get dicey. It goes without saying that Folty and Fried must be on their game.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Saw on another site: Freeman/Donaldson/Markakis are 7/48 .146, 1 HR, 3 RBIs, 22 men LOB. Almost hard to believe. It's a miracle it 2-2, it's thanks to Acuna/Albies/Foltynewicz/Soroka/Duvall/Swanson/Fried/Melancon. You just never know in a short series. Some will say the poor performers choked. Maybe but players have bad 4 game stretches often throughout a season. You just don't want to have one at this time. They have another chance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.