Alabama: Preseason Thread

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I Went to The Nate Oats Coaching Clinic and got to watch Bama’s basketball practice on Saturday. Man, Nate Oats practices are on another level. People are going to be pleasantly surprised with this team. He has them playing with high energy, actually talking on D, and it looks like they are enjoying and embracing the hard work.

Herb looks like he’s gotten at least an inch taller, and is really being a vocal leader, Kira looks a step quicker than last year, and JP looks a touch better handling the ball, and Alex Reece looks like an absolute monster now.

Shackleford and Forbes both look like they are ready to contribute immediately. Davis-Fleming looks like a whole different guy, same with Galin.

If Quinnerly gets his waiver look out for this team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Glad to hear all of these positives. There's a true level of excitement because of what could be accomplished. If everything goes well we should make a LOT of noise (and this without counting the possibility of Quinnerly).

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
Based off pure assumption, I believe we will hear something soon on the transfer. The University of Louisville had 2 women's waivers approved on 9/26. You would think that the rest of the waivers would be announced shortly.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Glad to hear it. The positivity is refreshing. I’m looking forward to a fun season, even if there are a few losses along the way.

What I really want is a win that we weren’t supposed to get. Can’t remember the last one of those.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Me too looking forward to a fun season I am sure we are going to have some bumps in the road at the start and time we get our SEC schedule they should gel together I predict 20 wins in regular season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Glad to hear it. The positivity is refreshing. I’m looking forward to a fun season, even if there are a few losses along the way.

What I really want is a win that we weren’t supposed to get. Can’t remember the last one of those.
While last year was incredibly disappointing and bad we did beat Kentucky last year in all fairness.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
There were some internal problems after the UK game or at least that is what I am hearing.

I think this year, there is a new confidence and culture that we will see on the floor. I think you will see that the players have bought in 100% and it will be visible on he floor. They have worked hard together this year and it will be about the team not individuals. The individual player stats will be better simply because they are playing as a team. I can't wait.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Man, I can hardly wait.
I don't expect miracles but I can't help but think we will be more fundamentally sound and not scared to shoot the ball. We should definitely be mentally tougher and likely physically stronger/tougher. No more late game colapses.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There were some internal problems after the UK game or at least that is what I am hearing.

I think this year, there is a new confidence and culture that we will see on the floor. I think you will see that the players have bought in 100% and it will be visible on he floor. They have worked hard together this year and it will be about the team not individuals. The individual player stats will be better simply because they are playing as a team. I can't wait.
Wouldn't be surprising at all if that's true. Don't go beating UK to losing in the first round of the NIT unless there are problems.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.