Will Bama be able to pressure Mond? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I predict this will be his Heisman audition for next year.

I don’t think he’ll go full blown Stephen Garcia on us in the air, but I DO think he could go for 350-400 yds of total O on us if our linebackers don’t play well.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team

Didn't he have a 70 yard run though? That will help any average. See keilan Robinson averaging 7.3 yards a carry for the season. 74 yard run makes up the bulk of his yardage.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Goodness, there's a ton of negativity here.

I've watched them play a little and are just not that good of a football team. They will have one thing going for them on Saturday: EMOTION! We survive that, I think we win going away.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

I've watched them play a little and are just not that good of a football team. They will have one thing going for them on Saturday: EMOTION! We survive that, I think we win going away.

I'm not convinced they will even have that. Against Auburn they were flat footed the entire game until it was too late to matter.

BamaNation First Team

Goodness I will have to totally abandon this website if Bama ever has an actual bad season. Iím with you that the defense has had some struggles, but almost all of them have been mental errors when the game was already over. The defense has actually been pretty good when the game was actually close.

I do agree that keeping Mond in the pocket and making him make real thorns will be the plan. If you are going to rush hard you will need to have a spy like Harris or McKinney stalking him like McClain did to Tebow in Ď09.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Given how our defense played against the teams of late, I would expect TAMU to do what Ole miss did. Mond can run. If it's not broken, why not try that same plan against Bama? They would at least try and test the DL and LB to see if they improved or not. Honestly, we need that to see where we are as a defense against TAMU.

Guys, we have to remember that we have a young defense this year. This was expected. WMACK, RTR, and others have said to expect growing pains this year on defense. Shoot, Saban and others have said it as well. Lower your expectations for defense and remember this: They will be lot better at end of the year compared to the first 3 games of this season.

The real test we have coming up to gauge the defense is LSU and Auburn. WE will know where we stand after those two games.. but for now, just enjoy the offense we have....

If Saban haven't gone off yet, then he knew it was coming.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

I don’t expect the outcome to ever seriously be in doubt, I just think they WILL rack up some yards and move the ball on us.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

No place on the score board for yards given up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

My goodness misery loves company.

I think the week off does wonders. We hold them to under 20
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    He rushed for 98 yds against us last year on 18 carries. Thatís over 5 yds/carry and last yearís D was better than this years. Contain will be the biggest issue as I see it but he could also hurt us in the throw gameóhe completed half of his passes against us last year for 198 yds.
    And last year's secondary was green...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Some of y'all are acting like Bama is facing Manziel again, LOL.

Yah, Mond will get some yards, but Saban will load up to stop the run and Mond won't beat Bama with his arm. Bama will win this one by several scores but there will be people complaining afterwards that Bama gave up 20-something points despite the fact Bama likely scores 40-somehing-plus...
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; October 7th, 2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

FB|BB Moderator

I think the key is not letting Mond break outside containment. That’s where Plumlee made some real hay for Ole Miss.

Guessing Harris and Lee got some extra tutoring on that during the off week.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Some of y'all are acting like Bama is facing Manziel again, LOL.

Yah, Mond will get some yards, but Saban will load up to stop the run and Mond won't beat Bama with his arm. Bama will win this one by several scores but there will be people complaining afterwards that Bama gave up 20-something points despite the fact Bama likely scores 40-somehing-plus...
    I aint ever gonna complain about a win...………...I just want some excellent tackling and a big win