Will Bama be able to pressure Mond? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I'm not convinced they will even have that. Against Auburn they were flat footed the entire game until it was too late to matter.
    I think once Tua hits one of the WRs for a long TD....the stadium deflates and they realize the rout is on.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I think the key is not letting Mond break outside containment. That’s where Plumlee made some real hay for Ole Miss.

Guessing Harris and Lee got some extra tutoring on that during the off week.
    He’s not nearly as fast.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

To me this is all for fun but, lol, only on here can you predict a two touchdown win—on the road—and you’re characterized as being negative. I’ve been saying since February that our ‘real’ season doesn’t start until November and I still feel that way, all that the majority seem to be saying in this case is that come Saturday we are probably in for a real struggle on D. Mond played well against last year and I expect him to do the same in this game.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

What about the Aggie receiving corps? Haven’t they dropped a lot of balls this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    What about the Aggie receiving corps? Haven’t they dropped a lot of balls this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I’ve seem Mond’s accuracy has been a bigger issue.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    To me this is all for fun but, lol, only on here can you predict a two touchdown win—on the road—and you’re characterized as being negative. I’ve been saying since February that our ‘real’ season doesn’t start until November and I still feel that way, all that the majority seem to be saying in this case is that come Saturday we are probably in for a real struggle on D. Mond played well against last year and I expect him to do the same in this game.
    I guess part of my issue is I don't remember him playing well. Indeed, the stats show he completed less than 50% of his passes last year, had 1 TD pass, and 2 interceptions. He did have 98 yards rushing on 18 carries, but one of those carries was for about 50 yards and a td on a busted play. So he had some success, but absolutely nothing sustained. It was 45-16 entering the 4th quarter. And I remember Jimmy Bob getting cute and trying to score another garbage TD at the end when we had long since called off the dogs.

And the thing is, Texas A&M and Mond are worse than a year ago.
    Last edited by TideEngineer08; October 7th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Now is the time for the rush to work well...... don’t need to give him time to breath
    If I was the Defensive Coordinator, I'd chase Mund from beginning till the end.
    Do that and he want have a chance to try to light us up.
    (BTW: I'd do the same thing to Auburn. Nix doesn't handle pressure very well.)

We may see Byron Young starting at DE. If so, I wonder if this move has to do with pressuring Mond? This young freshman was touted as ready to play, and has been practicing on the first team along with D J Dale and Raekwon Davis. Eboigbe has been practicing on the second team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    He’s not nearly as fast.
    I checked their 40s and they're comparable, with Mond at 4.8 and Plumlee at 4.6, so both OK for a QB. Tua is at 4.9, but he doesn't run outside. Hurts is faster than any at 4.48 and he does run outside...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Speed isnt as important as decision making in terms of "should I run or not".Mond last year made some good decisions of when or when not to run early, and it wasn't until we started to drop tds on them that he really started to make mistakes. Mond for two years has been hell on our defense. We have had better defenses the past two years than what we have now so its probably one of those games in which Mond exposes our youth and takes a few runs that extend drives.

I fully expect to win, and win big. But their final score will be higher than what most are comfortable with.

55-31 type game.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I checked their 40s and they're comparable, with Mond at 4.8 and Plumlee at 4.6, so both OK for a QB. Tua is at 4.9, but he doesn't run outside. Hurts is faster than any at 4.48 and he does run outside...
    Mond has more to grab.....

Plus, hopeful that the angles at 4.8 are different than 4.6.....especially for our rookie linebackers....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Wow didn't know he was that fast. He looks like he is not even running hard when he runs.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Plumlee's 247 confirmed time is 4.61, but he has been timed several times much faster. GA laser timed him at 4.42 in one of their camps.