Will Bama be able to pressure Mond? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Speed as runner is important, but if the LBs and DBs read their keys, take the proper angles, and lock up when tackling, then the running QB can be contained. Part of the problem with playing man coverage, is the DB running with the WR with his back to the play. I do think the "mush rush" is the best way to play Mond.
    I'd rather call it a 'Smush Rush'. Chase him and plow him into the turf.
    That has a way of making him rush his passes and throw it wildly to get it away.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Plumlee must be the fastest 4.61 on earth.
    I saw Plumlee as a 4.45 the week before they played us. I can't confirm that. Just took it as somewhat accurate.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If we don't rush Mund, we may be in for a long day.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I'd rather call it a 'Smush Rush'. Chase him and plow him into the turf.
    That has a way of making him rush his passes and throw it wildly to get it away.
    Ah, this makes me think of the good old days when phrases like plow him into the turf were common place. What can we say now? Let's get close to him and give him a good fright, but do not touch him in an aggressive manner or a flag will be thrown.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    If we don't rush Mund, we may be in for a long day.
    Jimbo will scheme to put the LB's in no mans land with his tight ends and backs and look for Mond to exploit the gap with his legs. Bama has not been able to generate much of an inside rush and hasn't held containment on the outside as CNS said ...by taking the inside angle. Can Bama's defense confuse Mond on critical downs? I hope they can show improvement otherwise defensive backs will be making a lot of downfield tackles and the time of possession arrow will go to TAMU. I believe this could prove to be a very frustrating game but hope the offense can take the pressure off the defense with a balanced dominating performance!

Sure doesn't sound like we're talking about the number one team in America playing against a team that struggled mightily against ar-kansas last week...Time to get things right....The Ole Miss QB helped us prepare for this...Mond is in trouble...RTR!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Jimbo will scheme to put the LB's in no mans land with his tight ends and backs and look for Mond to exploit the gap with his legs. Bama has not been able to generate much of an inside rush and hasn't held containment on the outside as CNS said ...by taking the inside angle. Can Bama's defense confuse Mond on critical downs? I hope they can show improvement otherwise defensive backs will be making a lot of downfield tackles and the time of possession arrow will go to TAMU. I believe this could prove to be a very frustrating game but hope the offense can take the pressure off the defense with a balanced dominating performance!

If Plumlee is a 4.65 runner I'm the next Catholic Pope (and I was raised Baptist). That boy was fast and quick. We were recruiting him as a DB and we don't recruit slow and clunky DBs.
    I really don't understand all the negative vibe. Yeah, we have our weaknesses, too, just like anyone else but we have more talent than most and better coaching with most.
    The way football is played now we're just not gonna have a "shut-down" defense. It is what it is. We have an offense that is explosive enough to outscore anyone we play and an above average defense who has the ability to stop most, if not all teams, more times than they can stop us so.......................just enjoy the ride.
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa