Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I honestly don't know what to expect, but will not be surprised to see the mush rush on 3rd and long. Saban is going to make Mond beat Alabama with his arm.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I honestly don't know what to expect, but will not be surprised to see the mush rush on 3rd and long. Saban is going to make Mond beat Alabama with his arm.
Good point B1G....just don’t want to see him run up the middle like Ole Miss did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mond has 1 or 2 games a year of just going off on a good team... unfortunatly that is usually us. I think aTm will score on us, and probably isnt a score that we will want to see. But he wont be able to keep pace with tua. I think we are right over the spread.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I sure hope our rush defense is better vs Mond. I think Jimbo will run him much more than he has run so far this year.

He will probably have some trick plays (I hope we do too) since it was the bye week.

I checked the weather for the game yesterday, and it showed much cooler temps in the 70's. I think it is supposed to rain/storm there on Friday so hopefully that will not delay until Saturday. It is supposed to be winds of 10-20 mph.

Hopefully Saban/Golding has been saving some defensive strategies for Texas Am, LSU.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It is likely we will see mush rush because of inexperience on Defense. Once the LB and DL figures out the things.... that's when we'll see the playbook expands. Gotta keep getting our players some experience. At this point, they should have seen enough by now to react to the offense and shifting of the players.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So we've been pretty vanilla on defense so far on purpose, right? Are the freshmen ready for a few wrinkles by now? OR, do we even need a few wrinkles?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So we've been pretty vanilla on defense so far on purpose, right? Are the freshmen ready for a few wrinkles by now? OR, do we even need a few wrinkles?
Doubt you will see anything new - just a focus on better execution for aTm.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The mush rush is how you beat a quarterback that you don’t think can win with his arm. The mush rush technique first began in Tebow’s time, he always seemed to escape when our guys pushed too far upfield and created lanes in the middle. The next time around the line stayed in front and with containment in mind and his production took a hit. You don’t want guys like Mond throwing on the run or when they’re moving freely. You want these guys to think about making a fundamentally sound throw, that seems to knock them a little off kilter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He rushed for 98 yds against us last year on 18 carries. That’s over 5 yds/carry and last year’s D was better than this years. Contain will be the biggest issue as I see it but he could also hurt us in the throw game—he completed half of his passes against us last year for 198 yds.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Mond has 1 or 2 games a year of just going off on a good team... unfortunatly that is usually us. I think aTm will score on us, and probably isnt a score that we will want to see. But he wont be able to keep pace with tua. I think we are right over the spread.
I predict this will be his Heisman audition for next year.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
Didn't he have a 70 yard run though? That will help any average. See keilan Robinson averaging 7.3 yards a carry for the season. 74 yard run makes up the bulk of his yardage.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Goodness, there's a ton of negativity here.

I've watched them play a little and are just not that good of a football team. They will have one thing going for them on Saturday: EMOTION! We survive that, I think we win going away.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I've watched them play a little and are just not that good of a football team. They will have one thing going for them on Saturday: EMOTION! We survive that, I think we win going away.

I'm not convinced they will even have that. Against Auburn they were flat footed the entire game until it was too late to matter.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Goodness I will have to totally abandon this website if Bama ever has an actual bad season. I’m with you that the defense has had some struggles, but almost all of them have been mental errors when the game was already over. The defense has actually been pretty good when the game was actually close.

I do agree that keeping Mond in the pocket and making him make real thorns will be the plan. If you are going to rush hard you will need to have a spy like Harris or McKinney stalking him like McClain did to Tebow in ‘09.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Given how our defense played against the teams of late, I would expect TAMU to do what Ole miss did. Mond can run. If it's not broken, why not try that same plan against Bama? They would at least try and test the DL and LB to see if they improved or not. Honestly, we need that to see where we are as a defense against TAMU.

Guys, we have to remember that we have a young defense this year. This was expected. WMACK, RTR, and others have said to expect growing pains this year on defense. Shoot, Saban and others have said it as well. Lower your expectations for defense and remember this: They will be lot better at end of the year compared to the first 3 games of this season.

The real test we have coming up to gauge the defense is LSU and Auburn. WE will know where we stand after those two games.. but for now, just enjoy the offense we have....

If Saban haven't gone off yet, then he knew it was coming.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I don’t expect the outcome to ever seriously be in doubt, I just think they WILL rack up some yards and move the ball on us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.